ZZ Goes Nuts!

Z.Z.

Z.Z.

So Cricket has been teaching me how to make stuff, and the barrel of worms spilled over onto my desktop ;D

I have lots and lots of projects in the works, rocks, flowers, scenery and buildings.

One project is wallpapers for marine tanks, I just dont like looking at the dirt when a tank is sunk into the ground, so Im making wallpapers to cover it up.

I started with Arctic Wallpapers, they come in sets of 3:

post-4437-0-80835500-1496955068_thumb.png

post-4437-0-32105000-1496955272_thumb.png

These are absolutely gorgeous! Are they available yet?

Very nice. Although if you don't want to see dirt then you could use the solid tank walls in sunken exhibits.

Are you going to do different heights. And are you using a 1/2 tile footprint?

My guess is nothing will be available till the Tek birthday later this month.

Z.Z.

Thank you Heather, Im glad you like them, they were a real pain to get right ;D

You are correct Fern, the release is set for the anniversary, I hope to have more done by then :)

I originally planned on different heights, but I cant get ZOOT to load in my images, so I had to work within the parameters of the APE program, so they are all 9 levels above the lowest tank level, so 10 levels tall, which is deep enough for most marine animals.

I originally started with a 1/4 tile item, but they didnt rotate correctly so I ended up making them single tile items, with the papers themselves being 1, 3 and 5 tiles wide, and the backs colored with a blue gradient.

I dont really like the white tank walls, clear or solid, I use the Atlantis or the Black tank walls, except for show animals because the show tank walls are white and blue, but Cricket told me about the recolors, so now I have the purple ones too :)

They are coded as low height so guests should be able to see through them, but I havent tested that yet, Ive been busy making stuff :)

The images have to be in png form and are you using the original Zoot or the one Jay updated? Get cricket to give me the one tile ones to me and I will make them half tiles for you. Rotations were my specialty originally. I did do some solid walls in lavender and a couple of colours.

Z.Z.

Yes, they are your walls and they are marvelous!

Yes, all the images are in png form, its all I work in since you and Cricket taught me how to make the images for the ground cover paths. :)

Im using the ZOOT program Cricket gave me, which IIRC is the one Jay updated.

It keeps telling me there are too many colors, even though the images are 250 colors and 16 bit like Cricket told me to do.

They are all one tile objects, its just the images that span out from there, and I have 3 sizes of wallpaper (as shown) for 10 sets each of Arctic, Reef, Lake, and Ocean, so 120 individual wallpapers, and it took me forever to get them to sit right, they cover the Atlantis tank walls (the walls with the deepest image) completely from floor to top of water, which required that their levels in ZOOT be kinda odd...

I dont mind them being 1 tile objects, they work very well, is there an issue with them being 1 tile objects?

Oh! I almost forgot!

Would you be up to making some show tank walls and filters for me?

I have some ideas :)

Ahhh. You have access to both DG and DD in I remember rightly. Jay can tell you there hoe to get around that problem and you can post your ideas there. I have some filter ideas too. And I can give you a link to some things that might interest you..

half tile would mean you could put rocks or foliage in the other half.

Z.Z.

Oh cool!

Ive been wanting a filter that doesnt look like a filter, I want it to look like a rain barrel or a small pond or fountain or garden or something more pleasing than that filter, I can put some images together for you :)

And Ive been wanting several colors of show tanks and recolors of the Atlantis tank, I can do the recoloring for them if you can make them into tank walls, I just need the source images for the show tank and the Atlantis tank.

Do those sound doable?

I actually have some water images that I was going t use. As for the tanks there is a thread you need to see at DD

Im using the ZOOT program Cricket gave me, which IIRC is the one Jay updated.

It keeps telling me there are too many colors, even though the images are 250 colors and 16 bit like Cricket told me to do.

Are you using 1 frame or multiple frames for those objects (per view, eg NW/NE/SW/SE)?

The total number of colors is 255 if I'm correct (excluding transparency); but this is per view. So the total number of different colors in ALL frames of a view is 255.