Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Eragon845

• pukkie

• KTesch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KiwiLover,

How do I get it to work? I tried Ctrl+G like for ZT 1 and nothing happened. Could you please tell me? Or does it not work if you have the expansions too?

Kim

It appears when you are placing objects, unfortunatley it's not like ZT1 where you can just randomly turn it on. I don't like using the grid at all.

• 1 year later...
Guest Animal Studier

I have to say, what I enjoy in zoo tycoon 2 is to watch the animals and their behaviors, In zoo tycoon it cant be possible, it looks like the animal behaviors are mixed up, and animals in the original game walk weird, but the problem with zoo tycoon 2 is that I just spend some time and I get bored, and wait till the next day, in zoo tycoon, I've never went up to 1 minute, it looks so boring, and one important thing is the graphics, Hope I helped you.

:bird:

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

I heard talk of a ZT3, and I did find some random things about it,but nothing of substance. So I guess that was just wishful thinking?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I like zt2 better too. It´s just so cool to groom ur animals and all, and have you been to zoo tycoon ABC? It´s a great place to get downloads and sorry if I messed the link up a bit...

Well, Northern Skies, Tesara, Environ, ZTV, ZT Wildlife, ZT Wereld have lots of up-to-date downloads aswell.

• 1 year later...
Guest Lemurcat

From a long-term ZT1 perspective, things I like about ZT2:

The 3d is awesome.

You can move many objects - trees, plants, rocks, some scenery (don't know yet if all of it is moveable).

Being able to care for my critters/zoo when the staffs are being lazy idiots.

Donation boxes! ZT1 needs these!

The biomes are free!

The biomes are easy to apply. No counting how many squares of trees/terrain types! YAY!

Haven't built a jeep ride yet (other than tutorial) but it seems fun.

Being able to crate your animals without breaking the fences.

Really useful zoo map.

Things I don't like about ZT2:

No grid except the one attached to objects.

Can't sell extra animals.

Some of the minigames. I'm not dexterous with a mouse. Should be some way to get around them more easily. (The first two for the extinct critters is is ok, the lab one stinks. The marine training one really stinks.

Having to wait till I can adopt the animals or buy the items I want.

No pause button or messages when you're in guest mode.

Wondering if I'll ever get a high enough rank to ditch the food courts and go with a restaurant.

Having to start from Rank .5 on every scenario. (So far at least.) *Sigh*

The tutorials don't explain enough. Nor does the manual or the help files.

Never knowing if I should add more trees/plants/rocks and no happy/angry faces when I do so.

Not as many user created objects.

Beavers that die in 7 months. I mean really?

Recycling is a PITA. (Maybe it's my system.) If I swipe over an entire area, it often forgets to pay me for some items or worse yet, DEDUCTS HUGE CHUNKS of cash. Therefore I'm having to recycle one item at a time. Grrr!

WOW! I had no idea that if you refused to adopt a particular species, you'd be offered different ones to adopt! This is what I mean about help/tutorials not being very useful.

You can get a trainer to work with the animals so you don't have to teach them all of the tricks (similar to getting a paleontologist for finding/digging up fossils)...don't think they learn very fast, though.