• (Admin)Savannahjan
    • Hawkkeye666
    • Luz21
    • Goosifer

The Zootek Phoenix Website

Guest MiChan19

Graphic Opinions  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MiChan19

Am I the only one who thinks the old site looked much more professional? Perhaps it was a bit harder for the administrators to use, but I doubt it. It had an infinitely superior feel. I was recommended to visit ZooTekPhoenix from a sister site, ZTUnlimited. When I saw the home page I could tell it was a much more advanced site because the graphics and boards were very nicely done. Now our site looks like ZTUnlimited, which hasn't had a regulator for 3 years! It is like we have gone backwards. I love the site, but could we make it look as professional as it really is, and not like someone conjured it off a handwritten html notebook file? Thanks.

Sorry but I like our site not being professional to me it as like going home

here is where I have my friends and I alwyas like the warm touch to the personal

things we have here

I wouldn't miss it for the world

ZooTycoon is a game ment for fun and I am not quite sure why a site about a game ment for fun needs to have a professional look

Like some companies need to have to promote either their company or their products

I hope it always stays the place it is to me (speaking just for myself here)

A nice site easy to look at with things easy to find Not too big and all about having fun together and play the game we love.

Savannahjan

We are currently running an upgraded version of the IPB software so we can't use the skins we designed for the old board. I really hated to lose them. Up until IPB 3.0, as the board upgraded, you could simply make a few changes to your existing skins and they would still work. Once our board crashed and had to be restored, Invision would no longer support the older version; in other words, to keep our license we had to upgrade. This version is coded very differently from the older versions and so we had to start over. Also, forums like these are not as popular as they were a few years ago due to MySpace, Facebook, Twitter and other social sites, so there aren't as many people designing skins for them. We don't have as many to choose from now, but I do try to keep several available to our members, and we change them regularly. You might just see something new any day now...

Many of our members don't like the look of the new board, I prefer the old one myself. We actually lost some members at the first of the year, I think the look was just too foreign to them. But as they say, you can't go home again, so we have to try and adjust and make our new home the best it can be.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this upgraded board. No matter which one you use, there will always be someone who does not like the one you pick to use.

Professor Paul

It takes a lot of time & care to run a place like this & it's not always easy to please everyone. I'd say the best thing is, if you don't like a skin, or something, finds us an alternative or solution rather than point out a problem & leaving it for others to sort out.

Surely it's better to say,"This is bad, but have you thought about this?" than just stating "This is bad."?

I will say that aside from appearance I do like the arrangement of latest download or update listed first rather than the alphabetical listing but I've learned to meander and double check a few times a month to see if I've missed something. Overall I think things look better both in organization and skins.

genkicoll

I'm currently using the Halloween skin. Love the banner, nice and atmospheric for the season :vishenka_34:

I do have a question, though (sorry if it's been asked and answered before, I just got back!):

Why are there only 5 posts per page?? For the sake of screenshots threads/those who are on dial-up, I think it's a great idea to limit how many posts there are on a page, but... five? *^_^* It's just a tiny bit tedious.

So far this entire thread is appearing on one page and there are at least 9 plu the poll, so I don't know why you are getting only 5.