• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a bit of what I'm thinking also Pukkie. But either way, I took Yellowroses' advice and downloaded the Zt registry cleaner just in case.

With any computer program on a PC running windows. When you install a program on your PC that program adds entries to the wqindows registry so windows knows where and what to look for when you start the program When you uninstall a program the uninstaller doesn't always remove all of those registry entries. So when you reinstall the program as with ZT it will add new entries ao thenm you end up with duplicate entries in the registry. Thsi can clog up windows and make it run slower so when uninstalling ZT it is lways best to run the registry cleaner which makes sure all the registry entries for ZT are removed so when you reinstall there are no duplicate entries made.

Alright, *sigh*

My game just started crashing-again-in the same exact fashion it did before. I load saved game, and it dies on me in less than a few minutes every single time. I tried to post a screen of my dlupdates folder, but thanks to the wonders of Vista, a simple paste into my paint program is unachievable. So, in my final attempt to solve this mystery as to why my game keeps crashing, the only thing I can come up with is that I have too many animals and exhibits in my particular game. I have noticed that the game only started to crash once I had around 500 animals and 160 exhibits in my zoo. But even getting rid of some animals didn't solve the problem, so I still don't know the cause. But again, that's all I can come up with.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Take them all out of your game and then add a few back at a time. Remember which ones you are adding. Do NOT save your game while doing this. Just keep adding till it crashes and then let me know here what the last downloads you added were. I would suggest you start with scenery as that is where I suspect your problem might be. It is time comsuming I know but hopefully it will help get to the bottom of the problem.

Could it possibly be the map you are using creating the problem there are a couple I belive but at least one the I know of the cause crashing issues

Fern,

So I tried what you said, by adding each individual download to a new game untill it crashed, but it didn't crash. So i'm not sure if it's the downloads that are causing the problem. With my original game that persists to crash, like I said, it only started doing that after so many animals and after the game was saved.

I was able to save a screen of my dlupdates folder, but it's in Microsoft Word. Would I be able to upload that so I can show you what I've got?

Also, I don't think it's the map that's causing the problem. I use the large dry river valley map all the time and it has never crashed untill recently.

*growl* this is very frustrating, as I've put in all this effort and many hours on this particular zoo only to have it die, and then I remake it, only to have it die on me again. :crybaby:

Alright,

Sorry to be a bother, but i'm not sure how to upload a Microsoft Word document on here. I tried the general uploading method used for pictures, but it took forever and still didn't load, even when I narrowed the mb size down. I apologize if I should be using a different method and making this more complicated than it already is :sorry:

I want to thank you for you help though-it's greatly appreciated!