• kong
    • HeatherL
    • quetzal
    • MrBulkBrogan
    • And 1

Game Crashing Causes

fountain

Savannahjan

The game crash could be due to too many items. Most of us can get it to run with about 350 items in your dlupades and updates folder COMBINED. If you have more than that, you can probably just take a few out. You might try working with that last folder full, taking one out at a time until the game will load.

If you do have less than 350, just where are you getting the downloads you are adding in? It could be that there is something in one of the files that is causing the crash. If it ran fine before the items in that last folder, you could take just those last few additions all out, and try adding them in one at a time, checking to see if the game will load.

Finally, you don't have to upload the files the way you have been doing it, sometimes it can cause problems. When you get a zipped item, open it up with winzip and take the .ztd or .dll file out and drag it onto your desktop. Then close the zip program. On your computer, click start, your computer or C: drive, then programs, MS Games, ZooTycoon and your ZT folder will open up. If you have an unzipped .dll file to add, just drag it right into the main folder area. If you have a .ztd file to add, find the folder dlupdates in your main ZT folder and double click it. Then drag your .ztd file from your desktop right into the open file window.

Reading over this, it sounds kinda confusing. Hope this will help you, if not, we'll get you more clear info.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game crash could be due to too many items. Most of us can get it to run with about 350 items in your dlupades and updates folder COMBINED. If you have more than that, you can probably just take a few out. You might try working with that last folder full, taking one out at a time until the game will load.

If you do have less than 350, just where are you getting the downloads you are adding in? It could be that there is something in one of the files that is causing the crash. If it ran fine before the items in that last folder, you could take just those last few additions all out, and try adding them in one at a time, checking to see if the game will load.

Finally, you don't have to upload the files the way you have been doing it, sometimes it can cause problems. When you get a zipped item, open it up with winzip and take the .ztd or .dll file out and drag it onto your desktop. Then close the zip program. On your computer, click start, your computer or C: drive, then programs, MS Games, ZooTycoon and your ZT folder will open up. If you have an unzipped .dll file to add, just drag it right into the main folder area. If you have a .ztd file to add, find the folder dlupdates in your main ZT folder and double click it. Then drag your .ztd file from your desktop right into the open file window.

Reading over this, it sounds kinda confusing. Hope this will help you, if not, we'll get you more clear info.

I'm kinda slow when it comes to understanding computer talk. I think I understand, but if your not real busy sometime could you explain it just a little more? I would be very greatful. I'm sure you are very busy working hard getting the downloads up and running again so take your time. I'm very patient. Thank you very much and have a great weekend.

• 8 months later...

Can anybody here help me with a download from And1's site, please? It's the South Island Moa from the Amazing Avians Pack. I downloaded four or five different animals from his/her site last night, and none of them worked for me, then today, they did after I reamed them to a .zip file from a .ztd file and then back again except for the above mentioned South Island Moa. All I did though was add And_1_Jackrabbit, for an example, and it worked, for me. I also downloaded the Fossa, Darwin's Rhea and Tufted Puffin using the same method. But it's not working for the Moa. It just shows a ton of odd .PAL Files and other stuff in it. Oh, and when I try to load my game, it won't even let the game load. Thank you.

Kim

• 4 years later...
johnztmaster

Does anyone else have problems with the official llama? I just re-downloased it but still have similar problems. It crashes when trying to visit the Species information panel or the Zookeeper recommendations. The name works right now but at one point in the past that also glitched. Is it just me? I have the DLL and ZTD in their appropriate places.