City Needs Help -- An Any Time Challenge

fountain

Seconding the idea of "How else can this map be used?" I propose exercise in city planning.  Map is from an unfortunately not remembered site but is here courtesy of Zoo Grammy

Lg.Scen.Concrete Jungle.zip

Suggestions to help this city:

Keep minimum of 50x50 sq or 2,500 sq as city or non-exhibit (attractions may be incorporated) and the rest as animal exhibits, attractions, food, etc. and minimum of 6 animal exhibits. Use at least 1/2 the map for the whole project.

You might want to keep the city with the current style of buildings or change(and replace) the city style to Old West Frontier buildings or Fairy City style or Aussie or Atlantia grey-green style or snowy city.

Maintain some kind of grid or organized path layout with your streets within the city area(s). Please keep in mind transportation, traffic, safety, and livability. Use downloads from any site but please include info if it is not from ZTCDD group.

They layout could be a corner city/town area e.g., my Revitalized Industrial City Center or interspersed e.g., Zoo Grammy's Seattle.

Please put some kind of narrative or introduction stating the presenting/original problem of this city/community.

There is no judging and no deadline because there are so many ways to help the city/community. Just a fun idea crazy forum thread.

Thank you for participating!

Savannahjan

This is really interesting. :vishenka_34: Thing 2 is drumming so I have to wait for a quiet setting to read the criteria 'cause I'm too rattled to process the info right now. :gnomesmileyf:

This is really interesting. :vishenka_34: Thing 2 is drumming so I have to wait for a quiet setting to read the criteria 'cause I'm too rattled to process the info right now. :gnomesmileyf:

Maybe you have your inspiration right there for your zoo layout --a quiet refuge from the noisy city with only quiet animals :032: , no hyenas or howling monkeys.

Here is my version of the city map . called Christmas in the city . A chance for all intercity kids to have a free day of fun . Most never get the opportunity to see a zoo , a carnival , visit santa or stop at mcdonalds for a treat . Day care is free , Boy Scout tree sales goes to charity . A new recycling center for help in city cleanup . The banking plaza may seem out of place but it is for those who wish to donate today . Fun is the word of the day . Oh yes , it is snowing too although I dont think it shows in the screenshots . Everything is free today for the kids .

:290: I've love to walk around and see the sights! Cheers to sponsors and the designer!

ZooGrammy

Ariznana, Love you snowy city zoo. That was a great idea. We could have a spring city, a summer city, a fall city and a winter city. But we don't have any wind for the fall.

Oh, this topic is now Pinned to the top of the ZT1 Screenshots.

Thanks It was loads of fun . I am working on the Fall Festival now , using the same city map .