DraconicEnvy

• (Admin)Savannahjan
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • bxdczoo
    • And 1

Shen's YAFI Zoo

Guest ShenTirag

Guest ShenTirag

Hi everyone :) I started this YAFI zoo over at Caldera, and I'm still catching up on exhibits so no requests just yet! I'll tell you when its okay :D However, here are the updates so far:

Update 1:

Yafi1.jpg

The zoo gates leading to the entrance square. I've gone for a stoney wood theme so far, but this can easily change for other areas of the zoo.

Yafi2.jpg

More entrance details, the corners of the structure above the square have bear statues on.

Yafi3.jpg

To the left and up the hill, we are led to the viewing area for our first animal!

Yafi4.jpg

The topiaries and boreal foliage give it away...

Yafi5.jpg

It's a pair of grizzly bears!

Yafi6.jpg

The lighter coloured female sits inside her cosy cave.

overview1.jpg

This is the zoo so far. We can build to the left, to the bottom, and further along on the right (it's a large map).

Update 2:

Continuing past the grizzly bear exhibit, there is a large forested alpine enclosure.

Yafi19.jpg

It is the home of a pair of shy, critically endangered asian black bears, of the baluchistan subspecies.

Yafi8.jpg

They prefer to hide amongst the vegetation in their exhibit, but there is a small raised viewing platform for guests to attempt a closer look.

Yafi28.jpg

Turning around, at the end of a this path is another raised platform, and a blast of fake snow to get guests in a chilly mood!

Yafi24.jpg

This small snowy themed area is the viewing platform for our final pair of bears so far, the polar bear!

Yafi25.jpg

Yafi26.jpg

Yafi27.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eragon845

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• Savannahjan

such a beautiful screens Shen Tiraq Very pretty Your zoo looks so green and I like what you did with teh elevations too

Savannahjan

The zoo is truly beautiful, Shen. It is so scenic and expansive. I would love to walk through this wonderful zoo.

Guest ShenTirag

Thank you! Here are some more pictures :)

we return to the central entrance square, and this time head south.

Yafi29.jpg

To the left is a small grassy exhibit featuring the Przewalski's Horses, and a small information board tells us about their evolution!

Yafi30.jpg

Yafi9.jpg

To the right is an enclosed scrub area, featuring our two asian elephants!

Yafi10.jpg

Yafi11.jpg

I'll post the rest of the exhibits so far later, but for now, here are some overhead images of the exhibits covered in this post:

blackbears.jpg

Baluchistan Black Bear

polarbears.jpg

Polar Bear

pwhorses.jpg

Przewalski's Horses

asianeles.jpg

Asian Elephants

Guest ShenTirag

Thank you :D:D This is the last update and then I'm up to date!

We return to the central square, this time to look right.

Yafi12.jpg

Heading past a small seating area, there is an elevated path that takes us up

Yafi13.jpg

To the left is a lush arrangement of afromontane foliage

Yafi14.jpg

And to the right are some colourful Philippines plants

Yafi15.jpg

Down the bridge we go, into a sheltered area

Yafi16.jpg

Inside the building are viewing areas for the surrounding exhibits, as well as some dining facilities:

Yafi17.jpg

The afromontane exhibit contains mountain gorillas

Yafi18.jpg

Yafi20.jpg

Whilst the large philippines exhibit is a mixed forest, containing visayan warty pigs, visayan spotted deer, and the tamaraw

Yafi21.jpg

Yafi22.jpg

Yafi23.jpg

For some reason, the hack to make the Mountain Gorilla, Spectacled Bear, and puya plant Montane Forest doesn't work for me. Any ideas why?

Anyways, back on topic the Phillippines exhibit looks great, even though the caldera people stole my idea. :tongue: JK.

So, how about a Cozumel Island exhibit, with the racoon, and if you're allowed to show it, the coati.

Off topic: I originally didn't think you guys at Artifex would top AN, but you most certainly did, now that more techiniques in desining have surfaced. My favorite animals are the Tamaraw, Visayan Spotted Deer, Cozumel Island Racoon, Minke Whale, Takahe, and the Dingisio! Nice job, I really liked how you guys put in a lot of recently discovered animals, like the Dingiso and Sumatran Stripped Rabbit, which not many people know about.

Guest ShenTirag

The coati is still in the testing phase so doesnt work properly right now, so I wont be able to use it, unfortunately!

As for the hack, its not behaving properly for me either actually, I'll look into it.

Edit: If you make the hack the absolute last thing to load (rename it to zzzzzzMontaneForestHack.z2f), it should work!

And thanks for your comments about IE :)

Ok, thanks!! I've been wanting to use it, I have so many files with "zzz" in the beginning that they may be interfering with each other.