• Total Members
    • Most Online

Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• There are no registered users currently online

Kiwilover's New(er) zoos!

Eragon845

Well folks, it's about time I made a S&T.

So, since RR is out, so why not be the first to showcase the animals? I'm basing the exhibits off of ones at my local zoos. I probably won't include any animals that haven't been remade that are in the official expansions, but I will use other usermade downloads.

Central Ohio Zoological Park

A new zoo recently built in the state of Ohio is currently under construction, and several exhibitions have already been built and stocked with plants and even some animals. I have a VIP pass to the zoo, and I get to see the animals up-close and personal like never before.

The Heart of Africa

The heart of Africa is a lively place, filled with traditional african furnishings and many african plants. Of course, many favorite animals can be seen here, so I'm excited to see old favorites like giraffes, zebras, and more.

Giraffe Mesa, the first exhbit, holds Reticulated Giraffes, Giraffa camelopardalis reticulata, of course. I love to watch the giraffes sit around in the summer fun, and it's neat to watch them browse through the trees.

pic0w.jpg

I come around to the back, where a keeper opens up the gate for me and allows me to enter the world of the giraffes.

pic1uq.jpg

pic2so.jpg

pic3jy.jpg

To the right, I can see that the giraffes have a house of sorts to go into while there's inclement weather. Guests can walk up and peak inside.

pic5sv.jpg

The Heart of Africa

I walked up to a large viewing area. Since I have an all-access pass, why not just go ahead and walk into the exhibit?

pic6cs.jpg

As I walk in, the first thing I notice are yet two more Reticulated Giraffes. The mated pairs of giraffes are allowed to be switched every once and awhile between this huge exhibit or with the other giraffes.

pic7z.jpg

But, there's way more than giraffes here. Several Grant's Zebras, Equus quagga boehmi, catch my eye.

pic8w.jpg

pic12p.jpg

pic15tw.jpg

After viewing the zebras up close, I now notice that there are also Southern Ostriches, Struthio camelus australis, in the exhibit. There's one male and two females, according to my observations. The female was very tame and allowed me to come very close to her.

pic11p.jpg

pic9e.jpg

The last thing I notice in the exhibit are Marabou Storks, Leptoptilos crumeniferus. These very ugly birds actually are much different than most storks, as they have adapted to scavenge. Their ugly bald head allows them to poke into rotting carcasses.

pic16r.jpg

Please, if you look, feel free to leave comments.

wonderful screenshots Kiwilover

Funny though Especially with that particular one with the zebra where you think that could be very well a real one in a cartoony settings

Are tha animals now outgrowing the game? :whoa:

The female ostrich is gorgeous :wub:

as are your screenshots

Great shots Kiwilover. I especially like the shot of the Giraffe at the feeder - looks like it's chewing on the basket. (We have a male giraffe at the local zoo who chews on everything!)

The RR is greatly improving ZT2.

Thanks for the comments you two! I love the giraffes too, they're behavior is fun to watch, in real life and in ZT2. It's way better now that they look more like giraffes than cartooney monsters. I don't think I'd used some of the ingame animals in years, until this pack came out.

So, here's a new mega-update of sorts.

Cheetah Ridge

After walking out of the Heart of Africa, you can walk up to yet another viewing pavillion.

pic17o.jpg

I decided to skip it, and instead walk right into the exhibit. Here's a view of the viewing pavillion from inside.

pic20y.jpg

Inside the exhibit you can find the fastest land animal on earth, the Cheetah, Acinonyx jubatus.

pic21q.jpg

pic19m.jpg

pic18t.jpg

The next new area is the Madagascar Aviary. Inside this large cage structure Lemurs can be seen leaping about and climbing up trees. Visitors may get very close to the animals without being in danger. Loud calls echo from inside, and fog machines in parts help recreate the Madagascan jungle.

pic23p.jpg

pic31.jpg

You peer in first to the swamp-like exhibit, where Nile Crocodiles, Crocodylus niloticus, can be found. Nile Crocodiles in a Madagascar exhibit? There are many reports of Nile Crocodiles making journeys across the Mozambique channel to Madagascar successfully. They can be found on the west side of the island. Unfortunately, they are rather camera shy and were either submerged in the water or hidden amongst the plants. Madagascan cichlids can be found in the waters that help as a waste clean up crew.

pic29x.jpg

pic33b.jpg

pic34k.jpg

Now that you've tried to view the Crocodiles, it's time to see what you really came here for, Lemurs. Ambiroa Forest, which means "Soul Forest" in Malagasy. Three species of lemur can be viewed at different areas. The first, and most popular, of course, are Ring-tailed Lemurs, Lemur catta. The most well-known species of Lemur, these animals' striking tails are held upright when walking. Most of these ones were feeding on lettuce and fruits that were recently placed out for them.

pic26t.jpg

pic25.jpg

The other lemurs in the exhibit I viewed were striking auburn colored Red Ruffed Lemurs, Varecia rubra. I could only snap a picture of this fellow, the others were very timid.

pic27o.jpg

There were also the even more striking, closely related Black-and-white Ruffed Lemur, Varecia variegata, who were very friendly in here.

pic30x.jpg

pic28r.jpg

Well, that's all for now, but that's not the end of Africa: The Great Continent. Later, be sure to come with me as we journey through Ituri Forest: The Congo Adventure.

:cheer-girls-group-3x2-green: AWESOME :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

what a great looking pavillion Kiwilover :wub:

the Madagascar Aviary is beyond beuatiful It is simply breathtaking

It is such a delight to look at screens like this

Keep them coming young friend :cheerlie:

That was amazing Kiwilover, best I have seen so far. Beautiful. Where did you get that roof over the exhibit? The one that look like a crater. I want that :) In the Madagaskar section

Thank you both.

By roof, do you mean the aviary fencing? Unfortunately, the website it was on is no more.

Menolly

Beautiful screenshots, its hard to believe how realistic the new animals are . The lemurs are so cute.