Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

HENDRIX

So I made a Koolasuchus for a second test.

I used 16FPS this time and didn't get any issues. All the tank animations are working perfectly - I made some cool splash and ripples FX in blender and expanded the render script to take care of all the different cases.

post-108162-0-81821100-1494241723_thumb.jpg

However, there are two issues I can't seem to be able to fix:

-males don't appear when placed, only in their tracker icon. Females work just fine. Both are coded to use m anims in the uca...

-it doesn't want to appear in the DD filter (I coded it from the saltie), even though cExpansionID is set to 1

How would I go about adding more marine functionality? Like adding the behaviors it does in normal water to the tank surface? Eating underwater?

The current Koola file is in my signature, I'd appreciate if someone could help me fix the issues! :)

Rinding FT

I never tried DD and MM animals before.. as I know, if you open APE XP, there are some animals from DD and MM you can check. For MM animals, usually you have to create the behavior animations with on the water and under the water.

You also can go Zoo Tycoon Designer Guild to ask Jay about more info. :)

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php

HENDRIX

Hm, I don't understand why, but when I recoded it from the Deinosuchus, the male is working...

But I got the same male issue two times recoding it from the saltie. So strange...

Now another thing, how can I make sure the eggs can be placed in water?

Rinding FT

The eggs be placed in water? Umm... not sure is it possible to set the eggs on the water (like cSwims = 1)..

btw, do you use ape to create the animals?

HENDRIX

Yeah, Jay also thinks its impossible. I've just disabled the eggs to avoid the reptilian eggs...

Nope, I code them manually. I don't really trust APE haha... I only use APE to preview animations and to set the compatibilities to add them to my UCA files.

Oh, and I've published the animations for the Koola in my signature. It's a nice demonstration of the features of the updated sprite rendering script.

Rinding FT

Ha ha cool~

APE has some problem is right. Some people may do as the same as me, use APE to create a basic animal ztd, then edit the coding to finish the final file. :)

Maybe you can try some animals still existed in the world. Like in your projects, crocs, bears, or ARTIODACTYLA. :D

santimamut

Well i will just sit,eat popcorns and whait until someone does a new mesozoic aquatic reptile....i has been waiting for a mosasaurus and ichtyosaurus for so long.

HENDRIX

I've released a new animal, the Sarcosuchus!

Also improved the workflow further, more on that tomorrow...

Wood Bison

Your program is a really impressive way of bridging the two games together. You've really done a lot for the communities by creating it.