DraconicEnvy

• azghablues
    • (Admin)Savannahjan
    • kong
    • Birbman96

ZT2 Tips and Tricks

genkicoll

Guest Lemurcat

Trees/plants/rocks are moveable! (Unlike ZT1) In scenarios, I always start by recycling everything, but: If there's already an animal there and I'll need to create a better exhibit for it, I save any of his trees, plants and rocks that I might not have enough fame to purchase right away.

Same goes for benches and other moveable stuff that I'm going to buy anyway. Why get a refund for partial price and then buy a new one at full?

• 9 years later...
AnewZoocreator

Sorry for the dumb/silly question... 

I've reinstalled Zoo Tycoon 2 today and already downloaded and successfully(!) installed dozens of mods - and built a zoo in sandbox/freeform mode. But how do I take screenshots? 

2 hours ago, AnewZoocreator said:

Sorry for the dumb/silly question... 

I've reinstalled Zoo Tycoon 2 today and already downloaded and successfully(!) installed dozens of mods - and built a zoo in sandbox/freeform mode. But how do I take screenshots? 

Hi! Here are a couple of ways you can take screenshots:

Safari Mode:

Either click the little camera on the bottom left corner of the screen or click the 'C' button on your keyboard:

safarimode.jpg.a109a2c458f26238a5fa509aec2862b3.jpg

You'll be taken to Safari Mode where you get to play as a guest taking pictures at ground level. If you want something with a little more control and an overhead view, the next method might be better.

Print Screen:

Windows 10 or below

If you're on Windows 10 or below, you can click on the PrtSc button on your keyboard. You'll see it in that small group of buttons to the right of your Delete key. When you have a screen you'd like to save, click on PrtSc once. Notice that nothing will happen until you minimize the game and open an image editor like Paint, which should come installed on any version of Windows. Once you have Paint open (or any other image editor), hit CTRL + V on your keyboard to paste the screenshot into the editor. You can crop it however you like from here and save it to your drive.

You'll want to do this as you go because every time you hit PrtSc you override the previous screenshot you have saved on your clipboard, so you'll want to save them as soon as you take them so you don't forget and lose what you've screencapped.

Windows 11

If you're on Windows 11, it's a lot easier. Inside of the game, click on PrtSc on your keyboard and you can click and drag however you want your screenshot to come out. No need to go into an image editor--a popup will show on the bottom right of your screen. Click on it when it comes up and it will ask you where you want your screenshot saved.

I handwaved a few things but I hope it makes sense. Lmk if you have any questions :)

• Thanks 1