Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

These animals are beautiful. I especially like the Musk Ox & the Sarcosuchus, very realistic. Thank you!

I know! I had so much fun playing with it in my test zoo!

• 1 month later...
HENDRIX

It should. I haven't tested it without animations, but it would take just a few code edits to make it work for static things.

In your very first post there are 4 animals shown. Are you planning to finish the other three?

HENDRIX

Not really, as those were just tests to illustrate the capabilities of the script. I never rendered more than what you saw there.

But the models and animations for these Zoo Tycoon 2 animals are all available, so everybody can take them and easily convert them to ZT1 sprites using my addon. ;)

Wolverale12

It should. I haven't tested it without animations, but it would take just a few code edits to make it work for static things.

What would I need to edit to make it work with static objects then?

HENDRIX

Ok, code is updated. Download and install v02.

If no animations are detected in a blend file, it is considered to be an object. [This would probably be problematic if somebody wants to create an animated object]

Objects are then rendered for different views than animals [sE, SW, NE, NW], and without shadow on the ground. The rest of the procedure is as usual.

Z.Z.

Wow, this is so far ahead of where I am in designing....

Nice work!