• bxdczoo
    • (Designer)Khaydar
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • (Designer)Zarawatto

downloading Q - How to install for ZT1 and ZT2

Guest Critical Ghost

genkicoll

Let's start at the beginning, then.

When you installed Zoo Tycoon 1, where on your computer did you install it? It will usually automatically install itself on your C: drive in the folder mentioned. You would have had to change the directory in which it installed for those folders not to exist.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Fern

• Savannahjan

• Bswiley1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest mikeperetz
Let's start at the beginning, then.

When you installed Zoo Tycoon 1, where on your computer did you install it? It will usually automatically install itself on your C: drive in the folder mentioned. You would have had to change the directory in which it installed for those folders not to exist.

This is the link "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\zoo.exe" ,in "my computer, it is in the E: drive.

genkicoll

Alright, this will be easy, then ^__^

Unzip your downloads and put the .ztd files in this folder:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\Updates

For the .dll files, put them in this folder:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon

Guest mikeperetz
Alright, this will be easy, then ^__^

Unzip your downloads and put the .ztd files in this folder:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\Updates

For the .dll files, put them in this folder:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon

That's the problem. When I do that it says that "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\zoo.exe" it says that that folder isn't there. If it is supposed to be in the zoo tycoon folder thing then it isn't. By the way, the other two files were directx and manuals.

Guest mikeperetz
No need to reinstall - just put the files in the same folder on your E drive instead of the C drive!

how do i do that?

also, you should totally just stay here because i answer right away

also, are you an admin?

By doing that do you mean extract them into E:? If so, when I try that it says "name of download file" is password protected please insert the password in the box below.

EDIT by Genki: Merged four posts

genkicoll

To answer your questions:

1. You need to use a program such as Windows Explorer, which will show you what's on your computer (all files, folders, etc). Open the program, unzip the downloads, then click and hold your mouse button on the ztd file you want to move.

Open your E: drive and find the right folder, hover the download over the folder name, then let go of the mouse button. This will move the ztd file into the folder you have chosen.

2. I will answer as fast as I can, but I am working, too, so I have to answer when I get a chance :wink:

3. No, I am not an Admin, but I am a moderator, meaning that I can move, merge and change your posts, approve new downloads and see most areas of the forum (among other things).

EDIT: None of our files should be password protected. Is there someone you know (a friend or family member) who can help you with these technical issues? If you don't know how to move files about on your computer, it's much easier to have someone show you than to have me try to explain it.

Guest mikeperetz

I am using Internet explorer. Also what is the right folder. By the way, I have to go now so could you pm me the answers? So I can check them later/ tommorow? Note: I won't be able to answer your reply until later/ tommorow. Also, all of them have said password protected.