Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• Faxiel
    • MarkBL20
    • Hawkkeye666

Game Crashing Causes

fountain

Silly question time: What are the typical reasons ZTCC would crash while using user creations?

Mine crashes shortly after I tried using invisible fence. I removed that one.

Yesterday it crashed 5 times when I was putting in terrain for the Mexican wolf (a MS-Blue Fang creature). I was creating a Red, White, & Blue theme for the 4th of July featuring land and sea animals of the Western Hemisphere using MM and was sad/annoyed to lose it. ( I have screen shot and saved the game and removed 3 recent downloads.)

I had aprox 290 dlupdate additions from ZT Tek, ZT Forums Unlimited, Zoo Admin, & Zoo Keepers Lounge sites. Is there anything I should watch out for such as too many flower packs -- have mostly combined ztds, or too many animals or not a good mix of animals?

fountain

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That must be it then to many downloads

The game can handle about 365 downloads (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If you have 290 290 dlupdate additions from ZT Tek, ZT Forums Unlimited, Zoo Admin, & Zoo Keepers Lounge sites

there is just room for about 75 original ingame ZTD Files

Now I have no idea the amount of original ZTD files but I bet that there are far more then 75

So the problem was probably not caused by the fence or any other download but your amount of ZTD files

That must be it then to many downloads

The game can handle about 365 downloads (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If you have 290 290 dlupdate additions from ZT Tek, ZT Forums Unlimited, Zoo Admin, & Zoo Keepers Lounge sites

there is just room for about 75 original ingame ZTD Files

Now I have no idea the amount of original ZTD files but I bet that there are far more then 75

So the problem was probably not caused by the fence or any other download but your amount of ZTD files

I'll try reducing. I thought the 365 was the limit of the dlupdates, not the total files.

thanks

fountain

Brandi

It could also be that one or more of your downloads isn't compatible with something else. It's a really big pain , but you might try taking stuff out and putting a few back in at a time to see what happens.

Or post a screenshot of what is in your dlupdate folder so we can see what you have in there.

You could try reading this Zoo Tycoon 1 Limits And Suggested Solutions by Jay

I don't have that particular folder content any more. I have another content saved, but not that one.

I've followed the combining files tutorial and I was able to combine the Carousel Animals and Carousel Horses for storage but not into one ztd combo file that could be put into the dlupate folder as just one file to save space.

I will re-read Jay's material. Thanks for reminding me.

On another note: I wish I could entice my 11 year-old into playing ZT. I have learned a lot from playing. I find that I even recognize some plants and a few background animals in National Geographic, Discovery, and Animal Planet documentaries.

Maybe I'll make it a requirement that she watch me or try it for 15 or 30 min to earn time at the mall or watching TV.

fountain

ZooGrammy

Everyone should be warned that there is an in-game medium map that causes came crashes because it was made with the zoo wall right next to the edge of the map on one side as well as having foliage only one square away on other sides. I'm sorry that I don't remember which one off hand but it is for the original zt and has a long windy river running from the entrance to the opposite side.

Guest Caddienoah

Zoogrammy,

It's called the Jungle River Medium Map. Using the ZA map editor, couldn't one erase the walls and scenery that are too close to the edge and rebuild them in further from the edge? It's one of my favorite maps to play with. Thanks Fern and Yellowrose for the help on the ZA Map editor, I failed on my first attempt to use map editor, but they helped me find the error of my ways

:JC_see_stars: :moosey2: :JC_see_stars: .

ZooGrammy

Yes, you could Caddie but it wouldn't be an official game map but at least you could use it.

• 5 months later...

My game just started getting into the habit of crashing about 30 seconds after I click "continue saved game". I thought that maybe that I downloaded too many files, but I only have a little under 200 downloads. But just in case, I went into my dlupdate folder and deleted a few, hoping that the amount was the problem. But that didn't work. It still crashes EVERY time I try to play. It worked fine even when I had all of my downloads, so I don't know what the problem is. This is something that has just randomly started to happen, and I haven't downloaded anything new lately either...

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any advice as to how to fix this?