• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• barbinflorida

• Fern

• genkicoll

• IcePengwyn

When uninstalling and reinstalling make sure you save your downloads, screenshots and saved zoos. Also something most people forget......your user made dlls.

There are threads around (probably at ZA or ZA archives or even ZKL) about how to change the ini or just ask Jay.

Note that changing the .ini to read other folders will not increase the amount of files you can have ingame. That amount stays the same.

I believe I came across changing the .ini file at Zookeeper's Lounge many moons ago. True this will not increase the number of downloads you can have in the game, but it makes my life much easier when swapping between contests.

Now if I can only get my downloads organized!

barbinflorida

When uninstalling and reinstalling make sure you save your downloads, screenshots and saved zoos. Also something most people forget......your user made dlls.

uh oh, forgot about the .dlls I'll be sure to search them out and upload them again. thanks for the heads up. I did remember to leave the others, didn't check the option when I uninstalled but in any case I'll begin again and see how it goes.

Are others running ZT with windows 7? I had my pc shut down from too much heat 3 times but not after I took the game off. will see if it happens tomorrow when I put it back on; probably my pc as it overheated until I downloaded a new BIOS and will contact support if it happens again.

Thank you friends.

Savannahjan

Barb, are you running a laptop? ZT used to shut off my older laptop constantly, but we have a new high performance Asus w/Windows 7 and haven't had a problem. It has some beast fans on it and sometimes there is a lot of heat coming out of the side vent when my teen plays games. I don't get to use it much since Daniel monopolizes it. I mostly play on an older desktop running Vista, and when I'm playing ZT, the fans kick into high gear. You would think an old game like ZT would not be so resource intensive, but it is.

barbinflorida

nope, this is a desktop pavilion and I think I solved the issue. did an online chat with support and was told to clean it. haven't done that in a while-major dust around the main fan inside. just a bit in the box and on the vents, nothing unusual but I used up a dozen q-tips and some canned air cleaning around that fan! will put this housekeeping duty on my calendar so it won't get this bad again. we have a newer house, no pets but it is dustier here than in Ohio in an old house with 3 dogs, a cat, a bird and one more person! of course, my old pc was a 9 year old Gateway, a real work horse; never a problem in 9 years. That was the one that died a year ago. guess these newer ones are more delicate with all the extra RAM etc. so looking forward to getting organized and not worrying about that horrible fan noise.

An old post I read in the support forum mentioned a slot fan-ever used one of those? maybe it won't be an issue if I can keep things dusted.

The best part of this new pc with all the RAM and gigs and a great video card, is I don't have to worry about big zoos anymore-my people used to do the wedding march and hesitate while they walked. maybe ZT is involved and that is why it's so hungry and why we like it so much.

Thanks for everyone's help.

I have a Microsoft laptop fan that my laptop stis on. It just plugs into one of the usb ports and always runs to cool the laptop when the laptop is turned on. I also have speedfan which I downloaded to keep an eye on the temperature of the laptop. I think I will check the temps with and without ZT running, just to see if there is a temp jump. And, I too hate those noisy fans in the desktop models. I don't use mine anymore since I got the laptop. :36_16_17: :120103_emTE58_prv: :post-31-1161873361:

barbinflorida

I have a Microsoft laptop fan that my laptop stis on. It just plugs into one of the usb ports and always runs to cool the laptop when the laptop is turned on. I also have speedfan which I downloaded to keep an eye on the temperature of the laptop. I think I will check the temps with and without ZT running, just to see if there is a temp jump. And, I too hate those noisy fans in the desktop models. I don't use mine anymore since I got the laptop. :36_16_17: :120103_emTE58_prv: :post-31-1161873361:

I agree about the noise but now that I have cleaned the inside there is no noise! it's wonderful and I feel bad that I did not recognize this sooner. My old pc never needed cleaning and I only did it when I happened to add some hardware (3 times in 9 years). I personally don't care for laptops but my daughter's family all love theirs and wouldn't work any other way. I'll mention the fan you use in case they ever have heat issues. I don't think it's possible for me to filter the air around the pc without cutting down the air flow so much it puts a strain on it that way so I guess I will just keep it clean.

it will be interesting to see if you notice a spike in heat output too.

• 1 month later...

My old windows vista computer died. I got a windows 7 computer. ZT1 runs good. But how do I combine .ztd's? My old computer caught a virus and I lost just about everything.