Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• Komorebi313
    • strider213
    • Truly_happy

Game Crashing Causes

fountain

I had this before too Someone explained to me that there was somehow a fault in my zoo

at the point where I saved it and everytime I clicked continued saved game it crashed

So I had to consider my zoo lost and started over with the same downloads by the way and after that I had no further problems

I still think it was my weirdest zootycoon experience except for the fact I played with 359 UCI's in my dlupdate folder for months but nr 360 was proven to be too much LOL It was a miracle the game had no troubles before.

How ever after that I try to remember AND to safe more frequent AND to rename it every once in a while

I had it with my marine zoo when it crashed it kept crashing at the same point when it was nr 4

so then I deleted it got back to nr 3 where I didn't had any problems and continued building from there did the same things got back to where I had nr 4 deleted but it somehow didn't cause the same problems anymore

I hope this helps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have fixed the link in my post above

You could have a user file with the cEstheticWeight line in it. When a guest interacts with a file that has this it will crash the game. That line can only be used in ai files.

Thank you Pukkie and Fern.

Pukkie, I tried a new method-once I was into my 'saved game' for my allowed 30 seconds, I paused it and resaved it then unpaused it. My game played for about 15 minutes, than much to my dismay, crashed again. I was hoping that if I resaved it at a different point and under a different name, that would fix it, but sadly not. I really hate to start a new game, as this one was like...my ultimately amazing perfect zoo...lol

Fern, I don't know a whole lot about the technical things such as files, so I'm not sure what I may have downloaded that could've corrupted anything. I did read the link you provided, but I do apologize as it's all French to me. The last few downloads I had were taken from Zoo Admin, so I'm asuming that they were alright...

The last few downloads I had were taken from Zoo Admin, so I'm asuming that they were alright...
Not necessarily. I haven't even begun to look at some of their stuff. ZA is a very old site and a lot of their files were done way before I discovered that particular problem. Can you do a print screen of your dlupdate folder and I can have a quick look. There are also files at other sites I have not caught up with yet. It is sounding more and more like an cEstheticWeight thing.

I apologize Fern, but I'm not quite sure how to post a print screen of my dlupdate folder. Also, not all of my downloads are in that folder as I use to use the traditional downloading method of inserting files through the zt menu screen. So I don't know where all those files are kept :sorry: It was only untill recently that I discovered that I should use the dlupdates folder, so that's what I've been doing for my more recent downloads. Is it possible to move my previous downloads to the dlupdates folder to join my more recent downloads?

Anyway, knowing that there isn't much in my dlupdates folder, if you still wish for me to post a print screen, I'll have to be guided through that :JC_see_stars:

And if this helps to solve the crashing case at all, I've noticed that it's only this one certain zoo game that crashes. All my other zoo games or new zoo games I start, work perfectly fine without crashing...

If worse comes to worse, I suppose I can start over on a new zoo game. My only worry is that, I'll experience this problem again and I want to prevent that.

Using the ingame method would have put things in your Updates folder. But CC also puts a lot of stuff there too so you can't just move any ole thing out.

There are a couple of ways around this. Hopefully you keep a copy of your downloads in folders outside of ZT. If you do then you could just uninstall completely and reinstall fresh. If you do this then you would want to copy or just move your saved game folder out to a safe place first.

Otherwise I might see if Jay will do a list of what would be in the Updates folder from the game.

Here is a link to Guide For Getting Screenshot Of dlupdate Folder by Jay

C:\programfiles\microsoftgames\zootycoon\dlupdates is the path to your dlupdate folder after you open it hit CTRL and Printscreen button which is next to F12 button Then just open up paint and paste then save :D

Thank you for your help Fern,

I've decided to just unistall my zt1cc and start fresh. I have in fact saved my downloads elsewhere on my computer so I can put them back in the game quickly (and in the correct folder now), plus I've narrowed my download list to about 90 separate files. I did try your suggestion Fern, regarding renaming my folders, but with no success. So hopefully, once I reinstall the game, everything will work out fine.

Thanks again for your help everyone. If I encounter this problem again (which hopefully shouldn't happen), then I'll post a screen of my dlupdates folder (now that I know how, thanks to everyone's help) and go from there.

When you uninstall the game be sure you go to the ZA downloads site and download the ZT Registry Cleaner from the Utilities section. After you uninstall run the cleaner and then reinstall. This cleans the registry of old and duplicate ZT entries and gives you a better fresh install.