SadakoRei13

• Lelka
    • goldenfire
    • bxdczoo
    • MaastrichianFan
    • riou108

dll list for the various sites

Fern

I think that your dll file is corrupted. The correct name is lang007.dll. I suggest that you download it again or use one of the combined dll files, that include the information from the lang007.dll file

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• HeatherL

• luvmy83wing

• pukkie

johnztmaster

Has there ever been consideration to making a combined lang for the original ZT information, versus several small langs?

From Jay: Casey created a combined lang (called lang050MS.dll) for the smaller official lang files. But when Blue Fang made CC, they did not just put the official downloads in the Updates folder. They actually updated a lot of things. For example, guests in CC will stop to look at the Stone Obelisk and then they have a guest thought concerning it. Guests did not stop to look at the Stone Obelisk when it was previously released as an official download. So na_theme.ztd that comes with CC is not the same as the na_theme.ztd that was available as an official download. Similarly, lang010.dll, lang013.dll, lang015.dll, lang016.dll, and lang017.dll that come with CC are not the same as the ones that were official downloads. When Casey created the combined lang, he has some CC messages (and even fixed some mistakes that Blue Fang made in the messages), but most of the messages were from the official downloads rather than from CC. So I would not recommend using that combined lang, especially if one has CC. But I also would not recommend it for a different reason. I feel it is always unsafe to change an in-game file unless one is fixing a mistake and there is no other way to fix the mistake. Since there is no need to create a combined lang for the files that come with ZT, I recommend against doing so.

• 2 years later...

Is this list of dll files at the start of this topic up to date?

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

Jay mentioned in his most recent post of .dll files that some might not currently be available.  Fern, does that mean that some are only kept by individuals in the community?  If so, could we make these available here or at DD?

LANG--DJ.dll
LANG--fern-Tek.dll
LANG--JBL.dll
LANG--Phoenix.dll
lang--TKZTUFcombin.dll
LANG--ZKL.dll
LANG--ZTCDD.dll
lang999-override.dll
langAztecThemePack_engl.dll
langBalloon_Shop.dll
langJasper.dll
langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll
langtelephonebooth.dll
langZA01.dll
langZA03.dll
langZTC.dll
langZTforU.dll
lang_3dcinema.dll

22 minutes ago, savannahjan said:

Jay mentioned in his most recent post of .dll files that some might not currently be available.  Fern, does that mean that some are only kept by individuals in the community?  If so, could we make these available here or at DD?

LANG--DJ.dll Need to check this one
LANG--fern-Tek.dll At DG and Tek
LANG--JBL.dll at Tek
LANG--Phoenix.dll  At Tek
lang--TKZTUFcombin.dll At DG
LANG--ZKL.dll At ZKL
LANG--ZTCDD.dll At DG
lang999-override.dll At DG
langAztecThemePack_engl.dll Will be at DD along with files sometime soon
langBalloon_Shop.dll Would have been in the file with the building which is not available and probbly needs updating
langJasper.dll I need to check these but this would be an .nl file
langJBSPZT-Ultimate.dll Will no longer be needed once the conflicts are resolved (misnamed buildings due to reusing ids) The correct ones will be added to LANG--JBL
langtelephonebooth.dll Need to check with Jay
langZA01.dll Need to check with Jay
langZA03.dll At DG
langZTC.dll I think the ids in this are also in other ones but I should check
langZTforU.dll The files are not available either but both will got to DD
lang_3dcinema.dll A ZT nl file

Savannahjan

That's a lot of work, Fern, thank you.  Would it be possible to combine some of these into something like a universal .dll file?  I am referring to old .dll files that will not be added to any longer.    For instance, if there was one compiled .dll that has all the static/closed .dlls in it, it would never need updating and could be permanent.  That universal .dll could be available at DD and Tek.  Both our sites could recommend that all ZT players be sure to add this universal .dl file to their game.  It just seems that would be very convenient.  After all these years, permission issues don't seem very relevant any more.  Just a suggestion.  :flowerysmile:

Not quite that easy when there are conflicts and overwrites involved in some.  Keeping the combined dll files separate also honors the previous existence of those sites and those that created them. Some have multiple languages as well.

Turns out that langZTC.dll has 3 buildings and they are now in 3 dlls. One building was also released at ZA and in the ZA03.dll. One was also released at DG and in ZTCDD.dll and the last was also released at ztuf and added to the ztuf.dll