• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tasmanian_tiger

• genkicoll

• Savannahjan

• Jordan

Tasmanian_tiger

Just to say, I'm slowly (but surely) updating some of my older files. The uca files needed corrections (thanks for Jay and Fern for pointing this out), and I'm doing some other changes (like deleting .pal and sound files). Right now, I've updated the addax.. with every update, I'll up the version in the name of the file. Like AddaxVs02.

Others are in the tube..

Guest Hobbitpostman

Your red deer is really nice. You state you are confused on whether or not the Red deer and wapiti are the same.

They are the same species, but are different [groups of] subspecies. "Red deer" is generally the name used for subspecies found in Europe. "Wapiti" is the Native American name for the various American subspecies. Confusingly, in English Americans call the wapiti "elk", whereas in Europe the English word "elk" refers to the animal Americans call "moose." To add to the confusion, the Wapiti/Red Deer species also includes a number of Asian subspecies, and these get called all sorts of things! Basically, the differences between the subspecies are pretty minor, especially on Zoo Tycoon scale.

Once again, I really enjoy your deer. Deer are sadly not well represented in the official game. If you could make some White-tail deer or Pere Davids deer that would really make me happy too;)

• 2 weeks later...
Tasmanian_tiger

Yep, the deer situation was quite confusing to me back then. Xx I called it an 'European red deer', so that I, just in case, could maybe do a re-skin for the wapiti afterwards (since I like the light-brown-ish colors too.)

I updated both the roe deer and the fallow deer, meaning, I removed a lot of unnecessary lines in the uca file, changed the LCID to 1033 (because of this, I would advise downloading the new version, since it does crash some games..) and changed it so that the deer use (and actually use) the ingame sounds, making the file smaller (+ deleted unnecessary .pal files).

The thylacine and red deer are coming up soon-ish, I worked on them weeks ago and I'm re-checking to see if I did everything.

_edit_ Version 02 of the red deer is online too now!

ZooGrammy

Thanks so much for your work on these. I really enjoy your animals. They are permanent residents in my game.

• 1 month later...
Tasmanian_tiger

I updated the site with a new version of the Giant Armadillo.

I also revamped it, one of many 'grr's': I tested it on my computer in internet explorer, but in firefox the text type is much fatter.. I tried to correct it, but as for now, I'm not getting very far (any help is appreciated). One reason why I'm doing this site a bit, is to try an learn some new things while web building..

Ribbon coming soon, I promise *hides*. Aka, my back was better, but I lifted something heavy at work and am back to.. bad back.. bleh.

Menolly

Thank you so much for letting us know about your updates. I love the deer and have used them in a lot of my zoos. Hope your back is better soon!

• 4 weeks later...