Gage420smoking

• riou108
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • Fern
    • 김효령
    • Goosifer

ZT1 vs. ZT2

Guest RedRamage

Actually, in ZT2 there are three ways that a guest can view the exhibit from closer up than just from the border.

1) SkyTram - an above ground automated conveyance that will take your guest over the top of your exhibits.

2) Jeep Vehicle Tours - an on ground tour where guests ride in Jeep vehicles along pre-laid routes through your zoo to view animals and objects.

3) Elevated Pathways - Pathways made of stone or wood that allow the guest to walk above an exhibit thereby getting even closer to the animals than just following a pathway around the perimeter.

Sorry to say this but those features aren't available unless you have the endangered species which has the sky-tram and the elevated paths and Africa adventures expansions which has the jeep tours. but one should be able to build a path going in to the middle of the exhibit and then put fences around. Then hold the shift key and raise the terrain slightly. Then one can use the level terrain brush and level it and create a cliff, or use the even terrain brush to smooth it out but not completely flat. The reason one would have to hold the shift key in order to get the fences to move with the ground. You can also create waterfalls. To do that create two different heights with flat terrain then add water at both the bottom and top. Then just drag the water tool over the cliff. I believe that it is not possible to create waterfalls on angles for example you can on a cliff running north to south but not northeast to southwest.

Here I add an example of a path going into the exhibit and then a bridge to connect it to the other side.

post-10944-1203618465_thumb.jpg

I really like the way that it is possible to create much more lifelike exhibits in ZT2 its also a lot easier to combine animals in one exhibit.

I believe the zoo tycoon original without expansions had 53 animals as stated ZT2 only has about 30 but with all the expansions it has well over 100!

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Eragon845

• pukkie

• KTesch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That might be but In ZToriginal you can use all the animals in the game building a zoo and in ZT2 when you really would love to see lots of animals you can't even put them all in from the ZT2, the ES and the AA versions let alone the other expansion pack and then we left out the UCA's wich if you want to use as much animals from ingame you wonder why people download new animals anyway for even in large zoos there is just no space.

But what really bugs me is that when you want an animal it never appears in the adoptionlist when you want them. too and you have to refuse over and over and over and over again before the one you want finally shows up!

Whilst in the original you just open menu and pick the ones you like even the ones you do research for when you completed the research included and even the UCA's are included.

The biggest plus for animals in ZT2 is the amount of toys you can give them

• 1 year later...

I see something everyone has forgot to add --- you can put objects at angles! No more downloads to make fences round - you can just do it! I find this easier to create. The only I HATE about zt2 uc - is that lack of flowers and statues.

• 1 month later...

One thing I want to add:

There are two types of zoobuilders. Ones who play ZT1, and ones who play ZT2. In ZT1, "nice" zoos have flowers and foliage. In ZT2 "nice" zoos have ingame and usermade foliage for scenery. That's why so many ZT1 people hate ZT2.

I don't think I understan Kiwilover don't we for ZT the real thing also have ingame and usermade foliage?

And hate is a bit strong don't you think? personally I don't like it all too much but hate no that is too much then I wouldn't be playing it at all

genkicoll

I don't hate ZT2 - I rather enjoy it :elkgrin: It just doesn't compare to the enjoyment I get from ZT1 :wink:

Menolly

I like ZT1 for its larger zoos and to be able to create such diversity of scenery with all the user made content. ZT2 recently has made leaps and bounds in upgrading the animals so they don't look so cartoony and some beautiful scenery is being created to make more natural preserves. It depends on how I feel as to what I'm playing.

In my opinion, I play ZT1 for the decoration and larger amount of user-made content, and ZT2 for the realism (plus the ability to walk around my zoo).