Gage420smoking

• riou108
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • Fern
    • 김효령

Zoo Tycoon Unlimited

AuroraBorealis999

Guest ZooTycoonUnlimited

Hi there everyone! Long time, no visit :) I wanted to stop by and thank everyone who took part in our 7 Natural World Wonders themed Planetary Party. We had a lot of fun, and even hit a new high with contest participation. We have also made some changes to the site, and now encourage members to make at least one post after registering in order to get maximum benefit from the site. Despite the initial confusion, this change does not mean that you cannot see the board unless you make an introduction post - it simply limits the abilities that you have around the board until then. We are also moving members through the ranks via points, which can be earned by participating in ZTU trivia, contests and more. August contest winners have been posted, and since I have been away for the last few days at a wedding, September ZT1 contests will go up this afternoon. Aurora has just headed back to school, so I am sure that she will have the ZT2 contests up as soon as she can. We have newly installed arcade and gallery software installed, and invite you all to come check them out. The gallery software is a new database, so seperate registration is required for it, but ut is a great addition.

I'll give an update once the contests go up!

BTW, I've missed you guys :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AuroraBorealis999

• Savannahjan

• ageise02

• Ashea

Guest ZooTycoonUnlimited

All September contests have been posted, and we are getting ready to kick off another Community Zoo Project in the next two weeks. We are having great success with the new points/posts system and are finalizing the points breakdown for various forum activities. Right now, for a limited time we are offering our members a quick 25 points to participate in a brief survey about the site and features.

We will be pruning users soon who have not posted in quite some time, and to alliviate some concerns of newer members those who have registered in the last 90 days will not be included in this pruning. Going forward, every 6 months or so we will be going through again...

Aurora and I are delighted to welcome Rain to our team as our official Guest Liason! She is doing a fantastic job welcoming new members, and any new members having issues or needing to be pointed in a direction can email her at Guest Relations

Savannahjan

Congratulations on another great new staff member, ZTU! I look forward to your contest announcements and love to participate when I can.

I wanted to mention something to you, although there may not be anything that can be done about it. I've noticed that I have a hard time navigating the site once I scroll down to the point where the left sidebar of member countries comes onto the page view. The page sometimes lags as long as 20 seconds before I can move up or down, or click on a link into a subforum. It may just be Windows Vista, not sure. Just wanted to let you know.

Guest ZooTycoonUnlimited

Thanks for catching this you guys! I am pretty sure that I have addressed this with a neat little gizmo called the Zookeeper DataPod. It allows you to be able to access the stats,chat and recent topics feeds when and if you want to without having to deal with the annoying load time and lag. Let me know if you still experience problems...

Also, we are delighted to announce that next month will mark 7 years we have been a part of the Zoo Tycoon Community! We will be kicking off a weeklong celebration mid October ( I will post the dates as soon as I hear from the rest of my team for sure) and we will have lots of fun, games and goodies - with some help from some of our good friends here at Tek! We are so proud to be a part of such a fantastic community, and we thank you all for making the last 7 years so fantastic!

*sniff, sniff* Ummmm, I must have allergies *wipes away small tear* Anyways, We will start posting the October ZOTM contests this week in order to give you time to build before the event. I will also be posting the signup for a Community Zoo Project tomorrow, so anyone interested in participating please come over and join in.

Lastly, I would like to thank you guys for being patient with me while I fiddle with coding and themes and moving things around. :risitas6ba0: I promise I am just about finished! I've currently got a new Oriental theme up and running on the board, and am in the midst of a special Birthday theme. I have turned back on the forced theme for all users simply because the side box links do not appear in all themes and we were losing links to the arcade, gallery, etc... so it was easier to force a theme until I go through and adjust the other themes.

Savannahjan

The skin is very nice, ZTU and the site is running so much faster now! I'm looking forward to your anniversary event and CONGRATULATIONS on 7 years! :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green: