Kreek's Zoos

Kreek

hello guys and girls,

I have two older topics running in this forum, but I intend to post all my zoos in this topic from now on. I had never done a rainforest zoo, so decided it was about time. I didn't want the standard paths though. I wanted a more natural feel with paths winding through the forest. So that meant a one tiled path. With something interesting at every corner. The result is a bit messy, and a bit... busy... but the guests like it!

Here's the entrance with the carnivore plant house. When the guests leave the house, they're overlooking the Orinoco crocodile exhibit. On the oposite of the entrance square, there's the ibis exhibit.

post-98901-130623132874_thumb.jpg

post-98901-130623133164_thumb.jpg

Then down we go into the cosy lake area with a restaurant and the theatre.

post-98901-130623353674_thumb.jpg

Up we go to follow the shortest route around through the parrot area. The first exhibit houses green and blue parrots and has a birdhouse (Sorry but I can't think of the exact names right now.)

post-98901-130623357759_thumb.jpg

Then around the corner there's the cuckatoo observation area and down the stairs is the below-the-waterline view into the turtle tank. Here's also another restaurant.

post-98901-130623148374_thumb.jpg

Then around another corner and we're back at the ibis exhibit.

post-98901-1306231486_thumb.jpg

Here's an overview of the fist part of the zoo.

post-98901-130623147285_thumb.jpg

What a wonderful result Kreek An Amzingly beautiful looking zoo indeed

and such a wonderful animals you use.

I have a question about last screen marked with yellow

What thingie is that again? I can recall seeing it before but I can't recall what it is?

This zoo is looking great, Kreek! Great job on going for the natural feel! Can't wait to see more!

It's the Cirque du mer ... I believe it was. I think it's a circus. Not sure though. I will post better pics on the next round!

Guest NarcolepticGymsbok

I really like the way all the foliage is layed out. The placement of the turtle exhibit and the green path are good with the rainforest terrain as well. The green path used here is from the Atlantis Pack by Genkicoll, am I correct?

I think these pics are great, Kreek! Don't worry about if they're better---just focus on taking the pic you want!

That is a really cracking zoo, I love how it has such a unique style that you can see over the whole zoo, nothing looks out of place or unimaginative.

Thank you for the compliments. Here are some more pics:

We're entering the area of our scaly friends, the turtles in the tank, Komodo dragons, monitor lizards and of course the reptile house.

post-98901-130649408242_thumb.jpg

post-98901-130649416926_thumb.jpg

post-98901-130649421232_thumb.jpg

Then we can either go across the canyon which houses baboons who live in an old temple, or around it to visit the restaurant.

post-98901-13064943664_thumb.jpg

The other side of the canyon has a temple ruin surrounded by monkey exhibits.

post-98901-130649460717_thumb.jpg

there's also a relaxation area. I love the music of the hut where people can take surfing lessons.

post-98901-130649513587_thumb.jpg

And an overview

post-98901-130649520696_thumb.jpg