• Total Members
    • Most Online

Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• Fern

downloading Q - How to install for ZT1 and ZT2

Guest Critical Ghost

I couldn't quickly find the Tek answers for this so here info from Jay with ZooKeeper's Lounge links

For unzipping, I recommend 7-zip. Here is the ZKL topic on that:

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=1983

If someone just wants to extract from a ".zip" file, XP has unzipping built it by right-clicking on the ".zip" file and clicking Extract.

There is an older topic at ZKL, although it is probably more confusing than useful. But it does give steps about unhiding extensions, since that is often useful.

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=144

DD has the "How do I install after downloading ?" by YR (although DD is currently running very slow):

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=60.0

There are no specific topics on how to cut and paste a file from 1 folder to another.

- Jay

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Fern

• Savannahjan

• Bswiley1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

I am so glad I found you all again!! My old computer finally gave out and I lost all the ZT1 downloads I had. My new one has Windows 10 and I have to re-download all my favorites. The problems is I don't know how on this new computer. (Can't say I'm a big windows 10 fan). I am having trouble learning this new fangled thing. LOL. I am battling breast and liver cancer so I am finding it hard to do much. And I really want all my cool downloads from years ago back. If they will work on this computer. Can you help me please?? Thank you very much.

WE ARE GLAD YOU FOUND US AGAIN TOO ! :post-1551-1124418072:

DO YOU HAVE ZT1CC INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER . YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH THAT . IT WORKS VERY WELL . EVEN WITHOUT THE COMPATIBILITY SETTING .

YOU CAN GO TO OUT DOWNLOAD PAGE AND JUST CLICK ON DOWNLOAD AND THE ITEM SHOULD BE STORED ON YOUR DOCUMENTS PAGE .

FROM THERE YOU CAN PUT IT IN THE DLUPDATE FOLDER ON THE MAIN PAGE OF YOUR PROGRAM . IF YOU DONT HAVE A DLUPDATE FOLDER , MAKE ONE ON THE MAIN PAGE .

LOTS OF HELP HERE . JUST ASK .

WE ARE GLAD YOU FOUND US AGAIN TOO ! :post-1551-1124418072:

DO YOU HAVE ZT1CC INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER . YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH THAT . IT WORKS VERY WELL . EVEN WITHOUT THE COMPATIBILITY SETTING .

YOU CAN GO TO OUT DOWNLOAD PAGE AND JUST CLICK ON DOWNLOAD AND THE ITEM SHOULD BE STORED ON YOUR DOCUMENTS PAGE .

FROM THERE YOU CAN PUT IT IN THE DLUPDATE FOLDER ON THE MAIN PAGE OF YOUR PROGRAM . IF YOU DONT HAVE A DLUPDATE FOLDER , MAKE ONE ON THE MAIN PAGE .

LOTS OF HELP HERE . JUST ASK .

Yes, I do have CC. Thank you very much for getting back to me so soon. Sure do appreciate it. I'm gonna download something and see if I can do it right. <3

Yes, I do have CC. Thank you very much for getting back to me so soon. Sure do appreciate it. I'm gonna download something and see if I can do it right.

I DID IT!!! Thank you so much. I am a happy camper. I had chemo yesterday so today I feel yukky....a good day to download fun stuff. Have a wonderful day. :cheerleader2: :254:

Cricket

Sorry to hear about your chemo :( I'm happy that the installation went well! Now you can spend the rest of your day playing ZT!! :yahoo:

YAY! GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET IT DONE .

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TREATMENTS . AND ASK IF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP . :yahoo:

Savannahjan

Hi Bswiley, it's great to see you again. Wishing you the very best with your therapy.

We have so many wonderful downloads now, actually thousands of them. Be sure to remember you game will only run properly with less than around 290 additional items (the CC content counts as some) for a total of 350 or so. We have lots of downloads here that are compiled files of many different items in one .ztd file.

Please keep us posted with your zoo projects and your person progress.

• 1 year later...

I've downloaded a lot of stuff how do I know where to put them either in updates or dlupdate   and can I leave the ztd. files in their folders?