Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

Hey-hey!

Gosh, I'm so new to modding Zoo Tycoon that I hardly feel like I should make a projects post this soon. Still, I want people to be aware of what I'm doing and open the door for advice, encouragement, etc.

Anyway, I have a couple of projects in mind.

SCENERY

I'm thinking fully-animated live performers, such as:

• Storyteller(s)
  • Snake charmer
  • Stationary tour guide
  • Zoo keepers with small animals (my favorite thing to see at a zoo)
  • Some sort of dancer
  • Mime
  • and maybe a puppet show

I'm currently working on the storyteller animations for a challenge but I think I'll do a test-run of this idea with the stationary tour guide since those animations are already made. (I'll have to ask for help when it comes to extracting them, of course. :poke:)

BUILDINGS

I want to make new textures for GC's configured doors since no one else, to my knowledge, has done so. (Medieval Dungeon is not my style; just saying. :whistilin: )

There is also a long list of things I need to LEARN before I can do much of anything. Oh well, tan es la vida.

And that's all I can think of for now. Feel free to make suggestions, give advice, and/or totally steal my ideas. :cheerleader2:

• Like 1

Sounds interesting. Have fun. If you need help with rotations let cricket or I know. For that you want to use Zoot. Make sure you read the instructions as it can be little tricky until you get the hang of it. There are other doors out there. Not sure if they are released or not but I know cricket has been working on some. For scenery I suggest you read at DG

Cricket

I plan to finish up some DIY doors that were started by Genki. One set is Adobe. The other set is Imperial-ish, with an Asian look.

I plan to finish up some DIY doors that were started by Genki. One set is Adobe. The other set is Imperial-ish, with an Asian look.

That sounds lovely, Cricket! My ideas are different so anything I do should still add variety.

--------------------------------

On a different topic, I just found Jay's Angled Animations on ZKL. That will help a lot. :laugh:

Taking a break from the storyteller and ... I HAVE A DOORMAT THAT FUNCTIONS AS A RESTROOM! :woot-smiley:

Thanks to Genkicol for the foundation and to Jane for the tutoria. :254:

Will work on the restaurant and gift shop after I make some better graphics. (My doormat is ugly. :lame: )

I discovered the splendor of Zoot today; now my mat fits very well on a quarter tile. :) I made another family baño with a nicer floor marker but I have not tested it with guests.

I also told someone I'd make a cactus decked out for Christmas (I think that's what the person meant by "holiday") with animated blinking lights. This should be cute.

You probably want to make the mats a 1/2 tile wide and you could add a man/woman graphic to it to indicate it is a restroom. 1/2 tile would work better than 1/4 tile. Also at some point cricket or I will tell you how to update them as we no longer use ai files. Jay's working Entrance and Cliffside walls are an example of later things.

...1/2 tile would work better than 1/4 tile...

I'm sorry, Fern. I should have explained my aim here.

I want my new buildings to be able to line up with any door. For example:

matlinupdemo_zps54jekpde.png

See, there are doors that line-up with a full tile quite neatly and then are are others that look better with a 1/4 tile mat. I will make 1/2 tile and full tile items and possibly 2x1's if I find a need.

Here is the graphic for a full-tile marker that I'm working on:

linupnotsaved_zpste3anl5q.png

... And it looks like Zoot hasn't saved my changes for anything I've done in it. Or I haven't. Oops. :crybaby:

Entrance and cliff-side walls? Okay, I'll look for those. As for the out-dated tutorials, are there any newer ones?

No there aren't updated tutorials yet. We have been too busy making things. Also the scn has changed slightly. Even our bathroom tutorial at DG needs updating. I have poked Jay for that but who knows when that will get done. Part of the problem is that different types of buildings have different rules.

One way you will learn is when you submit things for release. They won't get released without the okay of either cricket or I. And we will tell you what to change and how. We are still trying to fix some of the really early things that were done that still cause problems in the game.

I did say that Zoot could be tricky while you are learning. Rotations are saved while the view you are working in is still up. At the bottom there is a "Save to file and close window" which you use.

I would not use a mat that is a full tile cos you want the peeps to vanish as close to the door as possible.

I would also change those views so the head is to the door.

Yes a 1/4 tile would work for the doors above but I would also do a set for where the door is centre of the tile but not as wide. They could be the same size as the 1/4 tile one just with a 1/2 setting and rotations.

There is a slot tutorial over at DG. You should use that as wrong slots can have guests not being able to enter a building or getting trapped in one.