• LapisLazuli77
    • (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul
    • Spiralithic
    • (Designer)Zarawatto
    • Kizumi
    • Goosifer

Moschops from "Carnivores"

P.Rex

hello everyone, this is my first "completed" custom animal project for Zoo Tycoon. This is a Moschops, a prehistoric reptile from an age before the dinosaurs. The model is originally from the game "Carnivores" by Action Forms, I've converted it to sprites and added shadows, as well as did the APE work.

mosh.jpg

I've sent it to the database and it's currently awaiting approval. In the meantime, I've also uploaded it to Mediafire, just in case:

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this animal in-game. It's my first one, so I don't expect it to be perfect.

EDIT: I've updated the file, fixed animations and deleted redundant stuff, DD is now required since the Moschops prefer Fern Bushes in their exhibits. The link is the same one as before, it'll be available once the staff approves it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.Rex

• Fern

• Professor Paul

• johnztmaster

This looks interesting and it is nice to see new graphics

This still needs work

Results From Configuration Checking:

2941104a.uca date: Sun Jul 06 01:22:48 2014

*** Warning: cPrefIconID 7060 is not in [cSuitableObjects] with value > 0.

*** Warning: BehaviorSet sections contain duplicate lines.

Animal Type: 2941104A

Moschops

There is a uca editing guide at ZKL.

Uca Editing Guide, Step-by-step instructions on UCA editing

In the texts folder you can delete all but the 1033 file. You would also delete all these sets in the uca except the 1033 one

[1046]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/2941104A/texts/1046.txt
cLongHelp = Adopt a Moschops. Moschops prefer to be kept in large herds of their own kind or with other rainforest animals and dinosaurs.
cName = Moschops
cTheString = the Moschops

Okay you need to check your animations - Use Zoot because each time you reload into APE it messes up the uca.

Each animation set must have the same number of frames in each view. So if eat-e has 24 then eat-n, eat-ne, eat-s, eat-se must also have 24. The top ones to eat match but flyshoo-n, ne, s, se = 11, flyshoo-e = 1o. This can cause an animal to vanish now and then. You can load the animation via Zoot too. I have not checked the sets below this point and I only looked at the "m" ones

Thanks for the tips Fern, that UCA guide was most useful indeed. Zoot messed up my ZTD and made all the sprites invisible, so I fixed the animations in APE and updated the UCA afterwards instead.

One question: how do I update the file I've submitted to the database? I didn't see any "edit" option in the downloads interface. Do I need to contact someone to do it manually?

Pm it to cricket and me

Zoot does not mess up a ztd as you are supposed to extract the contents of the ztd into a folder. Zoot is picky about what level folder you open at and also you cannot double click.

Create a folder called Moschops and extract the ztd into it. Open zoot and click Open, find that folder Moschops and click the Open button on the bottom right. Then you can open the trees in Zoot. To see how many images in a view click on the view and you would use the Edit the currently selected image button. You would use that to set animation speed too. Once you get used to zoot you will find it a far better tool for many things. If a view is not showing it has usally been opened at the wrong level

The post where I sent you has a tutorial and Zoot has a help button.

If you have edited the uca and really want to reuse APE then copy the uca to a safe place and reinsert it once you have finished with APE. Saves having to redo all the work that way.

Aye, that's what I did. I've followed the instruction on Zoot's readme file to the letter. At any rate, I've got around the problem by, as you said, saving my updated UCA and re-inserting it after I was done with APE. I've sent a link to you and Cricket for the new file.

Hope I can get the wording right here. How many different sets of animations did you use? Or did you use one set for more than one movement type. It looks like flyshoo and buck might use the same set. If this is the case then I will see if I can find a tutorial about how to make them use just one set and the other folder can be deleted. If I remember rightly it is done using the uca. Genkis peacocks and many of JohnTs animals use this method.

You must have missed something But congratulations on fixing the other.

Results From Configuration Checking:

2941104a.uca date: Sun Jul 06 11:23:38 2014

*** Warning: BehaviorSet sections contain duplicate lines.

Animal Type: 2941104A

Moschops

Yes, I did use some of the animations multiple times, in some cases at different speeds e.g. the run animation is a sped-up version of the walk animation. Doesn't cause too much of a problem, I hope.

Other than that, did it function well in-game? Did you encounter any problems?

Not it is not a problem. Will test tomorrow and also see what Jay says, as it is the middle of the night here and almost bedtime for me. I don't test when tired as it is too easy to miss something.

Professor Paul

I'm curious, I had a look at the Wiki for Carnivores;some interesting animals there. Do you have plans to make any more?