• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.Rex

• Fern

• Professor Paul

• johnztmaster

There are 5 combinations of poo settings for land animals, which affect the type and size of poo:

cSmallZoodoo = 1

cDinoZoodoo = 1

cDinoZoodoo = 1
cSmallZoodoo = 1

cDinoZoodoo = 1
cGiantZoodoo = 1

none of the above

It seems he missed something

From Jay:
I did not test the latest Moschops in-game, but I looked to see what has changed, and everything looks acceptable... at least for what I talked about previously. But I did something that I should have done previously: I looked at the configuration I did for an animal with an egg as young. I compared the [y/Characteristics/Integers] section in the current Moschops with the configuration I did. The configuration I did also had the following lines in the [y/Characteristics/Integers] section: "cCrowd = 2000", "cDeathChance = 0", "cDirtyIncrement = 0", and "cEscapedChange = 0". I believe "cDirtyIncrement = 0" will prevent the young (egg) from pooing. The "cEscapedChange = 0" would prevent the young (egg) from getting less happy if another animal escapes from the exhibit. ZT might not have young die, but I felt having "cDeathChance = 0" would prevent it if ZT does. The "cCrowd = 2000" might not be necessary with "cCrowdHappinessChange = 0", but I felt
it was safer to do that. I believe that says how many guests have to be near the animal before it starts feeling crowded. Since by default ZT never has more than 1000 guests in a zoo, setting cCrowd to 2000 seemed like it was very unlikely to be reached, especially near 1 animal.

Thanks, I've implemented these changes and sent you the latest version.

I've also started working on the sprites for the Dimetrodon, once the Moschops is complete I'll use that as a basis so creating the Dimetrodon should be a slightly less lengthy process.

• 3 weeks later...
johnztmaster

Looks great - can't wait to see the Moschops up for donwload!

• 2 months later...

No Dimetrodon yet I'm afraid, but I'm still not coming empty-handed.

When I made the sprites for the Moschops, my method was to first take a snapshot of each frame in C3Dit (a specialized viewer for Carnivores models), then resize and draw the shadows manually for each frame. It was a very dirty, very demanding and very inefficient method. For the past month-or-so I've been searching for a better way, and now I think I found it, as I've finally learned how to convert my Carnivores models into Blender, then animate and render everything there. I've tested this method with my custom-made, Carnivores style Yutyrannus mesh, which I also plan to make a fully-functional animal eventually.

yutyr_preview_n.gifyutyr_preview_ne.gifyutyr_preview_e.gifyutyr_preview_se.gifyutyr_preview_s.gif

Since you like dinosaur things you might want to check out the files I just released over at the Guild a couple of days ago..