• Total Members
    • Most Online

SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• Fern

THE FORUM

ARIZNANA

Hi everyone , I have a question about the forum (general discussion , chattery, and etc ) Many times reading forums the dates are misleading . As an example , today in chattery , the topic says " happy birthday by firehawke " . Thinking it is a new birthday you go to see whose birthday it is . When you get there , it is a birthday from may of 2010 , not " today " as indicated in the "most recent post " . Lots of posts are like that . Does anyone know why . Also , I offered a few days ago to send another donation to help with the updating of the website , however , the subject seems to have been dropped . How much do we need to pay for an update . Thanks

Savannahjan

Our forum is actually almost 6 years old now. All the posts from January 1st, 2007 forward should still be here. When someone starts a new topic, or thread, they give it a title which relates to the first post and encourages replies on that theme. Sometimes, those topics change and grow into all kinds of things. Occasionally, one of the staff will edit the topic title to better reflect the current posts. But sometimes, the thread will go on and on, sometimes with more than 100 pages of posts before someone closes it and starts over. Hope this helps you, Ariznana.

Also, did you send me an message about contributions? I don't remember reading it and I don't have any new conversations in my PM box. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate again and I will reply as soon as I see it.

If and when we upgrade, it will not cost us anything as long as our license is current, which it is. In late November, it will be time to renew our license, which costs $50 per year. We are set up to pay $25 every six months, so $25 will be due in a month or so. Due to generous donations from our members, we were able to pay a whole year of our server bill, a full year of license fees for our board and for our download area software, and our yearly fee for the ZooTekPhoenix domain name.

For those who can afford it, please donate using the PayPal button in the global announcement. If you cannot use PayPal, send me a PM for info on how to donate in other ways.

Thank you all for your loyalty and dedication to our site.

Thanks so much Jan for the explanation of the forum . I am still fairly new to all this and never belonged to a forum before . Your description was perfect . About the donation , when I first brought up the " intenal server error " there was mention of having to update the website . I wrote in a reply to ask what we needed to update and that I would be happy to send another donation , which I will still do . I did not understand that it would not cost anything to update . Thanks again . Everyone is always so helpful .

Professor Paul

Posted imnages in signatures do not appear with the new skin.

Savannahjan

Now that is really strange. I see some signatures are still showing. Paul, where is your image sitting, somewhere here on the forum or out somewhere with a link in your sig?