Newest Member
    DraconicEnvy

• Birbman96
    • Fern
    • rammnmn

Projects of Taz

Tasmanian_tiger

Tasmanian_tiger

And1 to answer your questions about the fossa and the white rhino. I wasn't pleased with the rhino model, so I won't follow up on that now (since I will probably rebuild it when I do work further on it). The fossa was still in it's early phases with only one animation. If it will be coming out, it won't be in a near time. Xx

On top of that I'm having a difficult time finding out what I was doing in some files :laugh: . I'm now even having troubles with the common seal, since I worked on the model after I finished the animations. (The reason was that my modelling skills became slightly better.) I thought, geeh, let's use that model for a next other seal and now I'm finding out it isn't rigged well.. can't import animations correctly.. blablah I had a ribbon seal and hooded seal in my mind too. For the leopard seal I would like to change (possibly create a new) model, since I find it different enough (and it swims differently too).

Today I worked a bit on converting the common seal to a ribbon seal. Sadly after a few hours = error and for once that I wasn't vigorously saving. Everything = gone. Bleh..

I'm finding the ribbon seal.. less fatt with a more slender snout then the common seal. The eyes seem differently positioned too. I'm not very sure though, since in some pics, they seem more similar.

Gewonezeehond.jpg

Bandrob.jpg

I know it won't show much in the game, since it's even smaller then the common seal.

SealRibbonvs3nrig.gif

This is an old common seal with a ribbon seal skin.. just to show how small it is. As you can see.. the tail didn't rig well (that's what I'm trying to work on too.) I could just replace skins with my common seal files, but then I won't be able to change the model..

Excuse me while I go banging my head to a wall for not saving.. Xx

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tasmanian_tiger

• pukkie

• ZooGrammy

• ageise02

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

genkicoll

Oh how cute is he? Is he really gone? *pout*

Bossy? Me? Pshaa, Jordan :laugh: I never say anything, not a word, not a single word! :24: I never said anything about the other animals waiting to be approved, did I? :elkgrin: :wink: Sorry about that, I misunderstood and thought it was here.

• 3 weeks later...

oooh :whoa: I just love that ribbon seal :wub: :wub: Sooooo cute. I know there already is a hooded seal though.

But a sea leopard I haven't seen before. But tell me how is the cute ribboned one coming along?

Professor Paul

Leopard Seal.....use the female elephant seal...........

Tasmanian_tiger

Small update=

I am working on the ribbon seal. It's texture. I rigged the skeleton and I hope to find the time to import and render animations soon. Xx

I've worked on some older files, clearing out unnecessary lines (like doubles), when I had the time to work on ZT projects. Hence why the seal was delayed (some more.. ugh.)

If I would ever find the time, I would like to make the leopard seal more grey-ish+white belly with spots and the reptile-like face. Your suggestion is very well, but for now, I still like to go all original on graphics for my animals anyway.. ^^ I do appreciate your advice (and that is honestly said). Your Nature Encyclopedia and Brain Trust are an incredible resource and inspiration.

Tasmanian_tiger

Thanks ZooGrammy, that means a lot to me. :)

I've been bumping my head against a 3D wall the past week. Yesterday I thought to take the whole day to finally move further with the Ribbon Seal.. but the rigging was a real killer. It kept un-rigging the tail and I'm still not sure why. In the end (like late in the evening yesterday), I decided, if it wasn't visible on the ZT animal, I would just leave it be. Right now, it's not looking too bad.

I intended to show both male + female.. but because of the rigging delay.. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Anyhow, seeing the animal move, is always a big reward to me (see: Frankenstein; me= it's alive, mwhahaha!).

Stand idle male:

RibbonSealMStSE.gif

RibbonSealMStE.gif

Yeah, I know it doesn't do much. Hehe. That's why I did the scratch animation too;

RibbonSealScrSE.gif

And, maybe it's interesting: I rendered the scratching male on a bigger pic size.

This is how the seal model that I made looks;

Scratching Ribbon Seal, blocky

Now I'm applying a 'smoothing' modifier to it:

Much better looking ribbon seal ^^

That's better, not?

Reason I'm doing the smoothing after the animation, rigging etc.. is that it is easier to rig the model. I found that out the hard way after making the thylacine. D'oh!

/End lesson. ;)

I know you are a perfectionist Taz but he loks great the way he is. He's so cute.