RDFT's Projects ... Part 2

Rinding FT

1c9GxCtJLpQl8pzK4xaTd0.jpg

1OXQ0Gfi0289Pa5miSviT9.jpg

2rDnAmFIp9GD5V35bDoJqf.jpg

There are also some foods I don't know, some mission cooking stations and foods, like:

1AvFWgTxC176mfUzCKUHNo.jpg

(Chinese New Year Work Station, about the recipes, sorry don't know English name, need to search.XD)

some of those stoves could be food carts. i especially like the Brick Oven which could be stuck onto the side of buildings.

question: does food require being defined in a .dll or is the name defined in the restaurant config file?

if in the config file, that's a really nice selection of food to choose from.

Yes Ma'am, Sorry Ma'am. :)

I'll just poke my nose back out of this ... :worship:src="http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/worship.gif">

Oh no you don't get to escape that easily. Yes you can ignore the technical stuff but we posted this to get ideas. RDingFT's english is probably not strong enough to come up with tooltips and guest thoughts and we would welcome input on them when we do decide what things to sell.

There is no reason we cannot use a mix of old and new.

Like I know there is an aztec restaurant out there so we can use that id.

T'ni all ids must be in the dll for any working buildings. Also in order: Shelters and bathrooms are the easiest to make and next would be attractions. Hardest is anything that sells something. Nor is it as easy as just copying from another one as there are some things that are individual to each building.

A little lesson: Buildings require a minimum of three ids and these have to be a specific sequence so they cannot be randomly grabbed. An Attraction requires four.

Each gift, food or drink item requires three ids. So a restaurant or gift shop selling 5 things would use 18 ids or sometimes 19 ids. Some time ago the known available ones ran out and Jay spent ages going through the sequences looking for sets that coudl be used without causing conflicts. All these ids have to be loaded into a dll. They used to make a dll for each new building until they discovered that the dll limit is a lot lower than the ztd limit. So each site started a combined dll. This is also why we reuse ids.

There is no reason there cannot be a chain of restaurants - different shapes but the same name. There is in real life.

So if you think a particular building would be good using the same name as one that is already around say so. For the one RDingFT has shown above might be good to use The Grand name on.

That brick oven is real cute and actually looks like a little building with two doors.

I know the chefville game well and used to play it religiously. the cook tops are fantastic and would indeed be great for cart style buildings. as to the RD buildings ...

I will, as you suggest Ma'am, stick around. I am always willing to help...

It's a pity that we can only edit a few food for zt1..囧

I'll try to make other types restaurants from AOE2, so we still need to think the menu. XD

@Fern: I guess the English name is Beef Steamed dumplings. XD

Usually we make the building and then decide what to do with it and whether or not it will sell things. Then, if selling things, we look to see what we already have that can be used or what we might make.

I guess these 2 may be useful~ :)

1nm14hC8ez8M36eLmBhQYw.jpg

7cZzXZzAmVfK6C4OVdkexD.jpg

I just think out a simple way.. maybe we just need to set the sell names of the menu: Foods, drinks, cakes, ice creams.. and set icons for those is fine.

But if do so the pics I post just will be useless...