• Most Online

DraconicEnvy
    Newest Member
    DraconicEnvy

• Hawkkeye666

"Truescale" project

JeremyD

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, this is just an Idea I had to help me practice the animal editors by making the attributes of every animal more in scale with one another.

For example, I would like to adjust the relative size, strength, attractiveness, shyness and density of all official Zoo tycoon animals to more accurately reflect those of the real animals.

I was thinking in terms of animal size, a scale of "one tile equals about 6X6 feet (2X2 meters)" Does this seem about right?

Would it be possible to fine-tune the relative size of an animal more accurately by increasing or decreasing the size of the background, or is the background "cropped" ingame to make the animal fill the whole animation size?

What is the largest and smallest animation size designation for original zoo tycoon, dinosaur digs, and marine mania respectively?

(I think the smallest animation size possible is 1/2 tile, correct?)

Strength wise, I think that with a polar bear being rated as zero and a velociraptor (which was really less than half the size of the ones in Jurassic park) being rated as 185 needs some serious adjustment.

On this subject, What is the highest bash strength possible (without crashing the game) in original zoo tycoon, and dinosaur digs, respectively?

With attractiveness, I'm gonna have to run a lot of polls to get it right, but it should be better than this:

black rhino: 10 (the same as a camel!) Wooly Rhino and ankylosaurus: 20 (the same as a giant anteater!)

Dolphin: 160 This makes ONE dolphin more attractive than THREE Stegosaurs!(45 each)

ONE T-rex: 100 (compared to 140 for TWO moray eels and 120 for ONE Harbor Porpoise!)

So what's the highest attractiveness possible for a Dinosaur, a zoo animal, and a marine animal respectively?

(Also, I'll be starting a poll soon on which animal should get that attractiveness rating)

On density, what's the lowest and highest density possible?

ZooGrammy

Wow, a very extensive project. I haven't got the answers for you but I am sure someone will who is more knowledgeable about the workings of the game.

Yes, a very extensive project indeed.

but at least I won't have to make any new animations, so that would make each individual animal easier.

Plus, after this much practice, I should be able to work things out pretty well when I make my own animals.

Edit/ offtopic: Am I the only one bothered that a Mermaid, which in practically all legends is to some degree sentient, is available to use as a zoo animal?

Attractiveness is subjective since we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The zoo guests consist of boy, girl, man, woman. In scenery each has its own setting ([EstheticBonus]). So boys and men will have a higher setting for, say, a skeleton, while the girls and women might have a higher setting for flowerbeds.

It is different for animals so they have to generalize.

Girls and women generally would prefer other animals over dinosaurs. Of the dinosaurs I prefer the herbivores and insect eaters. My favourite DD animal would be Caudipteryx. But I know others love the T-Rex and crocodilian types. Then there are the cat lovers and dog lovers.

The game takes the attitude that people in general like baby animals best so the young of each has a higher rating than the adult.

So not everyone is going to agree on what animals are best/favourite

Edit: I can't vote in the poll as the answer would be "none of the above" There are some animals I usually try to have in the game but none of those.

Savannahjan

I do agree that some of the settings for the animals are off, some of them way off. I've never really been bothered too much about it, since I go more for the décor of the exhibits and zoo, but I think this is a great project and I hope you will learn a lot from it. We would love for you make some new animals for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating recently, but I just got a full-time job after over 2 years of unemployment, and I had to get used to working again

(And it's physical labor, too)

So up until recently I've been too tired from work to do much else.

I have a question:

Are the official zoo tycoon animals included in the limit of 365 ztd files, or are user created files counted seperately?

Thanks for the link, Fern. :)

Unfortunately, I've just run into a problem that may complicate this project.

Applying the "1 tile equals 6 feet" scale, (which I think is accurate, as the standard lengths for benches and picnic tables in the US is 6 feet)

Then a Male Sperm whale, a Bowhead Whale, and a Humpback whale would all be between 10 and 12 tiles long, and an apatasaurus would be 12 or more tiles.

I don't know what the maximum size is for an animal, but I doubt it's that big. :/

Does anyone know of a way to accurately resize animations? (I'd settle for manually resizing each frame in a different program.)

If not, I'd consider this project dead in the water. :(

It would take forever to resize and animal and often the resizing does not look good. Any good graphics program should resize. But once you do that you would also have to rotate each frame or the the animal will slither and slide around the screen.