Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

Whew! Okay, I fixed my rotations and cleaned up my graphics but this "floating" problem I cannot fix.

stupidfloatingtiles_zpsia6ojewq.png

Yes, I have used Zoot's positioning feature. It all looks perfect in Zoot but not in-game. The images are 64 by 32. Could that be a problem?

Cricket

That "floating" problem means you need to revisit your rotations :) What footprint are you using for your images? That could be part of your problem too.

More likely you have the footprints wrong in the ucs or ai file. While you can adjust the footprint in Zoot so as to do the rotations correctly, that does not change the footprint settings in the ucs or ai. That has to be done manually using notepad. Zoot only changes the "object" folder contents (graphics), not the "scenery/other" contents (usc/ai).

What file did you use as a base when using Ape to load the graphics originally?

I'm using 2 by 2. ... But is says 1 by 1 in Zoot. :whoa: Putting it to 2 byt 2 makes it look exactly the same as it looks in-game. Thanks, ladies! That fixed it. :cheerleader2:

Just to clarify: the 1 x 1 is the footprint of a lamp.
If you check your object's config, you'll see that the X/Y-footprint of your example would both be 2 x 2 (or at least, they should be).

Yes, I did know that 2x2 is the fp for a full tile. I don't know why I thought it would be different in Zoot. (Shakes head.) I set Zoot to 2x2 and was able to adjust from there. Now my image sits perfectlt on a full tile. Also, I see what Ferm meant: it might look pretty but it is rather large. Would setting the footprint to a half tile be safe? I suppose it would give it the illusion of guests walking over it, at least half-way.

No that would not work and nor would guests walk over half of it.

It would look better if it was half a tile in size.

Be aware that when doing 1/2 and 1/4 tile rotations in Zoot you still want it set to 2x2 in zoot. I think that is explained in the instructions. If you need to know how to place them correctly have a look at the half tile flowerbeds which are in global ztd

Savannahjan

I'm so happy to see you getting into designing, Truly Happy. It's exciting when you get your items in the game and they look good and actually work. I'm so looking forward to seeing and using your creations.

Okay, Fern; thanks. And thank you, too, Jan.

Truly_happy

Working on some entry ways for the configured doors. Thought my progress might be interesting to record.

archprogrss_zpsxdluzhij.png

Botton-left archway is my final version. :laugh:

And now to study for mid-terms ...

PS: I used Real World Paint for the special effects and resized the images in Irfan View. Project began and ended in good old Microsoft Paint.