Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• Komorebi313
    • strider213
    • Truly_happy

Horse of a Different Color

kooky112

It's the horse of a different color from Wizard of Oz!!! I know I havent kept you guys up to date with it so much. The reason is because of work but I AM STILL WORKING ON IT I PROMISE!!!

Once I get all the images extracted from the unicorn then I can go ahead and begin the editing. I already have my idea on how I am going to do this.

Each angle, and action, the horse does it will simply change it's color. (Meaning that I am using different colors for each angle of every action)

The colors I am going to definitely use are green, yellow, blue, purple, pink, red, and MAYBE white and black unless someone comes up with more colors. I dont want to use double colors for the actions so it would be useful if someone provided me with mroe ideas for colors. (Maybe go into paint and create some colors to show me?) This would be much appreciated, thankyou!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kooky112

• Fern

• Firehawke

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Tycoon_mom

This sounds wonderful! That movie is a classic favorite in my family. The original horse turned orange too. How many colors do you need? Why don't you do a full spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, blue-purple, red-purple, pink? I guess the order it turns would be random based on how the horse is moving, though.

Good luck!

:28:

Savannahjan

It sounds really interesting. If you had several in the exhibit, they could be all different colors, which would be cool. You could also use the little terrier that someone made out of the wolf. It's not exactly like Toto, but it would be close.

It must be a lot of work Kooky, hope it all goes well. This would be a really neat download.

thanks Tycoon Mom the orange color I completely forgot about. I was thinking of making the male more of a black color but that would take the fun out of the different colored horses. SO instead I am making the male and female look exactly alike. This will cut down on my time so I can work on the baby which I am thinking because it hasn't learned hwo to use all of it's colors yet it could just be a bunch of color splotches all over its body but then again I don't know yet lol. This is a fun project to work on though, I'm not recoloring until I get all the framed saved to their respectful folders.

As for Toto I may just play around wiht mr wolfy and shrink him down to size and make it more... well... dog looking? I dunno I kind of like the current Toto anyways though so I may just forget about him lol.

I will still need help in programming the horse into an actual animal when it's all said and done.

This sounds wonderful! That movie is a classic favorite in my family. The original horse turned orange too. How many colors do you need? Why don't you do a full spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, blue-purple, red-purple, pink? I guess the order it turns would be random based on how the horse is moving, though.

Good luck!

:28:

After counting how many different actions there are, there is 23 actions and for each action there is 5 different positions. So 5 x 23 = 115

SO in order to have lots of different colors I need to come up with that many colors. I am thinking for the walking I may try for the horse changes a few of the same colors but I dunno yet because of the programming the horse requires.

Different shades isn't a bad idea thanks for the input firehawke! ^^ I'll begin the attack on the animations later, my goal is to have them all recolored and stuff by the end of the summer.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not updating ya'll alot. With the database problem I had no access to posting so I was basically at a loss.

I have made some progress but it's taking longer than I thought because of work. I'm going to keep ripping the frames off little by little. I hope whoever it was that made the Phantasia doesn't mind that I'm using those frames because it'll be easier to use the shading off of those bases easier than the regular unicorn. If they do mind then I'll stop and start over with the regular unicorn. I still have to install the program I use for recoloring images but it's not gonna be a problem. Gotta love The Print Shops special features xD!!! I have a free version of The Photo Shop but it wont do the job I want it to do.

for those who wish to know why it's taking so long, it's partially the fault of my job, and also I do like to go out with my boyfriend when he is home from college. I'll spend all this week to finish ripping the pictures.

EDIT:

For those who wish to help me out in ripping the images I just finished ripping the Highjump animations. I've been using Zoot to rip the images, I just wish there was a way to do more than just one direction at a time.

Since the Horse of a Different Color is special I am thinking i might make a new animation to add in as well. A swimming animation so it can swim! IDK though the water unicorn has bugs and gets stuck in the water so I need some opinions on this. If I do make it able to swim I'd use more watery colors for the rotations.

Animals getting stuck is a configuring problem and can be fixed. Just back then they did not have the knowledge that is around now.