Gage420smoking

• SKazoroski
    • Spiralithic
    • KenjiDraco
    • (Admin)Savannahjan
    • Fern

Parasaurolophus

Platypus

A lot of statues were done using graphics from ZT2 but the person doing them owned both games. Many games have been raided for graphics for ZT1, especially RCT. But again the person who converted them owned both games. And if you know where to look you can find where many ZT1 files have been converted to RCT files.

There was a lot of work just getting the angles right. Same goes the other way as a lot of paths made for ZT1 were adapted for ZT2

It is a pity we can't just lift something from ZT2 and dump it in ZT1 as there are a couple of animals I would love to have, like one of the extinct birds which has a cute face.

One thing that should be done is to acknowledge the game they came from otherwise you are claiming someone elses work as your own and that is not right.

Nor should user made files be adapted unless you have permission from the designer concerned and that should be included in the release description. In the past that would get you banned from forums.

This "expansion pack for zoo tycoon 2 entitled Formidable seas" sounds like it is user made so you could contact the designer and get permission. If you do, make sure you copy/paste that permission so it can be produced if questions are asked.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platypus

• pukkie

• Savannahjan

• dilophoraptor

Here is a picture of my Predator X from ZTAM that I thought I hadn't recovered from the crash. I'll be working on another extra large dinosaur after I finish my current project. :balloons:

Guest voltron

Can not wait to download this file in september... if its ready by then...

Quick question... are you using APE? or another program for your project?

If youre using APE, what is the process of making animals tank-able? And how does one make those underwater animations?

The Predator X is already available for download at my site.

I use APE only for the ID number. I use. I use "Zoot" for inserting all my images, land or water. I use gimp for making, coloring, and resizing animals, dinos, fish, etc.

The swimming animals, like the horses, wildebeest, etc., have the bottom cut out of the graphics using gimp, then inserted and positioned in zoot to look like they are in the water swimming. The uca file in every animals ztd contains the instructions for that animal and are modified from APE's uca to make animals perform the way a designer wants...tankable, surface swim only, or land only. :balloons: