RDFT's Projects ... Part 2

Rinding FT

can't you reuse some of the numbers for the item names and use your own icons for them? if there's a generic "Ice Cream" already defined, you could use that name and point the building's config file at one of your pics, i'll take the rocky road :)

can't you reuse some of the numbers for the item names and use your own icons for them? if there's a generic "Ice Cream" already defined, you could use that name and point the building's config file at one of your pics, i'll take the rocky road :)

You cannot reuse ids unless you use them exactly as they are or you create conflicts and big big problems if you changed a gift id to a food. There is even a difference between stand and restaurant food. There are far more items made than you might think. And quite a good range.

RDingFT I have an unfinshed Ice Cream Parlour of Toodlepops so I might use a couple of those and then we can also add them to some of yours. Might even use the rocky road to make T'ni happy. There are some ice cream flavours done.

So, you can reuse ids for buildings but not for food? Just wondering.

My wifey plays chefville so she is also finding this thread interesting. I can't wait to see what happens

So, you can reuse ids for buildings but not for food? Just wondering.

My wifey plays chefville so she is also finding this thread interesting. I can't wait to see what happens

There is reuse and reuse. We can (and do) reuse any building or item id as is. But we cannot reuse an id by overwriting it/changing it. And the way it is done also has to be exact or you can cause problems.

Just looking at things I see there is a fruit ice-cream available. I know I planned on a mint choc chip for the ice cream parlour. I know there are others as well as sorbets and sundaes. I have half completely lists I must get around to finishing.

thank you for clarifying ma'am. :)

I also noticed that some food gets eaten immediately and that must mean there is food that doesn't. So I presume that the food not eaten right away is that one that makes trash?

Ummm..seems like we still need to reuse id, or just make new id which with a new icon image...囧 the post pics I think may be useless lo..

@Fern: Sounds great!! If we set menus as I said, just only names like food, drinks...

Now I'm wondering, reuse id or make new id? If make a new one, what new one should we use? Chefville's are good samples, or does anyone have good idea(names and pics)?? :)

I'm working on new AOE2 restaurants, the menu can be as the same as this one or anything different. :)

i did mean reuse as in reuse and not overwrite. as in use the id number, and therefore whatever name it has attached to it already, but point at your pic for the icon.

i did mean reuse as in reuse and not overwrite. as in use the id number, and therefore whatever name it has attached to it already, but point at your pic for the icon.

Not possible in most cases. ZT will choose one icon and use it for all buildings with that item. Which icon it chooses I think depends on the order of ZT loading the game.

The odd occasion we have done this is where we do not have icon permission from the original designer because they have long gone. Then we look for something that is as close as possible to the original. Plus you have to create new item name ids and cfgs etc.

thank you for clarifying ma'am. :)

I also noticed that some food gets eaten immediately and that must mean there is food that doesn't. So I presume that the food not eaten right away is that one that makes trash?

Yes that would be things from carts and stands where they take the food and sit at a picnic table or bench to eat it.

Drinks are always immediately whether from a stand or restaurant.

RDingFT I have menu ideas for this which will reuse some and maybe some new.

Not possible in most cases. ZT will choose one icon and use it for all buildings with that item. Which icon it chooses I think depends on the order of ZT loading the game.

The odd occasion we have done this is where we do not have icon permission from the original designer because they have long gone. Then we look for something that is as close as possible to the original. Plus you have to create new item name ids and cfgs etc.

oic! i didn't know it wouldn't let you change a sale item's icon.

i guess the only way this idea would work is if you reused the text from a previous created entry and didn't have another building with any graphics for that entry.

OR

you made sure the buildings defining the icons you wanted were at the front of your path.

you'd still have no control about how anyone else would see your icons.

it's interesting reversing engineering this game.