• KenjiDraco
    • Fern
    • (Designer)Zarawatto
    • Goosifer
    • kxpbleed

Sylvan Grotto Productions Presents -

Z.Z.

Z.Z.

Long awaited, often requested, breathlessly anticipated, and FINALLY HERE!

ZZs, ENCHANTED GARDEN ZOO!!!!

Enchanted Garden Overview

The theme for this zoo is Myths, Legends and Cryptids.

There are 18 creature habitats.

Most habitats are over 90% suitable.

All creatures are over 95% happy.

Guest happiness is over 90%.

Zoo Rating is at 95%.

Garden Entrance (South West Side)

The first 4 pictures show various angles of the entrance to Enchanted Garden Zoo.

A main feature of the zoo is the apparently missing Zoo Wall. Fear not, the wall is in fact there, it is screened from casual view by foliage, lending to the illusion of no boundaries.

The Zoo Entrance Arch is the marine arch, my personal favorite as it is pretty and makes waterfall sounds

The Zoo Map, resting places, and Welcome Wagon are surrounded by a garden of flowers and 2 beautiful very expensive fountains, which lead to the ticket booths and the path to the zoo itself.

An interesting note is that the Temple Guardian habitat ended up being right at the entrance. I didnt plan it this way, it just came together this way, and when I realized it it caused me to giggle

Located on either side of the main entrance are the Garden Path Cafe and Garden Path Gifts.

Both areas contain my favorite flowers and mushrooms, fountain and waterfall, as well as the only Jacaranda available to date which is on a beautiful rock. Guests walking down the Garden Path often remark that "This area is very lovely."

post-4437-1194540125_thumb.jpg

post-4437-1194540193_thumb.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z.Z.

• genkicoll

• ZooGrammy

• pukkie

Savannahjan

WOW! :whoa: :clap: ZZ, your zoo is incredible! You've really done an outstanding job on this, thanks so much for sharing the pics.

Savannahjan You really need to stop writing my first thoughts It is getting scarry! :fryingpan:

ZZ Our ewebmom is right though Your soo ia breathtaking! Very, very beautiful indeed and a joy to look at

Keep them screens coming :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green: I love them!

ZooGrammy

This is a gorgous entrance. I like how you used the stone benches to act as a border for the flowerbeds.

Z.Z.

hello everyone :)

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments, they make me all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Ok, so now the thread is up, time to stick in more pics!

This is an overview of the zoo Entrance, kinda gives a more complete image of the total effect.

As you can see, I have a great affinity for flowers and an overplanted garden.

post-4437-1194566932_thumb.jpg

Z.Z.

This is the Garden Path Cafe and Garden Path Gifts, which sit on either side of the Zoo Entrance.

I really love the Forest Fountains and I use a lot of them throughout the zoo.

The flowers that sit right on the ground are my favorites because they appear more natural, my favorites are the Purple Lobilia, Purple Iris, Savannah Flowers, and Brandis Wildflowers, especially the Cosmos as it is an interlocking groundcover plant.

The Waterfall Wall is so awesome I use it many times as well, the trickling water is so soothing.

post-4437-1194567406_thumb.jpg

post-4437-1194567431_thumb.jpg

I am sooo glad you have them here tooooo. I knew it was a good idea to prod genki to look at them at ZTUF when I first saw them there.

They are just soooo beautiful

genkicoll

I surely love to see the way that you use the downloads, especially since I've never seen many of them used in a zoo (I'm too busy creating to play much! :24:) So beautiful! :wub:

Z.Z.

The first pic is the overview of the Summer area, located in the Southern corner of the map.

The central attraction of the Summer area is of course Forest Lake, a body of water created by the Forest Stream, which is an apparently uninterrupted flow of clear water from Cloud Forest Spring at the top of Cloud Forest Mountain.

Are we sensing a trend?

A little known secret though is that the Fairys, who are of course magical, have caused the water to have a drastically increased amount of surface tension at several points along the watercourse, which allows guests to traverse the watercourse, seeming to walk on water!

The second pic is the Summer map edge shot. I include edge shots to show how the foliage on the outside of the zoo is incorporated into the overall design of the zoo. The outer 2 rows of tiles around the whole map are dropped 3 layers to sink the zoo wall into the ground, invisible from the inside, and screened on the outside by foliage. The edge at the entrance is raised to meet with the level of the zoo.

post-4437-1194568012_thumb.jpg

post-4437-1194568036_thumb.jpg