Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Toodlepops and I recently released some taller walls http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5716.0

And I know there are more things in the works.

You cannot put put fences inside tanks which is why I said scenery.

I do like your screens with the concrete walls. Would you want to do them as exhibit or decorative or both like Jay did the Cobblestone walls we released.

ZooGrammy

The concrete walls are nice.    I love the way you used the cattle guard piece as a grate.  Realism is what really gets me excited. 

Z.Z.

I think they would work as a tank wall the best, they would be awesome on the Clear Glass tank walls.

I have been working on some wallpapers to cover the dirt sides in a sunken tank but have run into an issue in the corners because an object can not be placed on top of another object, so one tile of dirt will have to show on one side of a corner.

Initially I had the footprint be one tile with the image stretching out on both sides up to 5 tiles wide, and by itself it looked awesome, but when animals or other objects are added to the tank they disappear behind the wallpaper, so I have to completely rethink them.

Because of this I dont think these will work as objects.

Vondell

doing some exercises to get back up to speed with my blender workflow.

experimenting today ended up with assets for a banana tree and a wall-mounted drinking fountain (if anyone wants to try and configure one).

NE.pngNW.pngSE.pngSW.png

NE.pngNW.pngSE.pngSW.png

It would be nice to actually see the banana flower too.

Vondell, maybe you could consider another primate and have it climb this tree, similar to the Orang Utan and its tree. That would make people go bananas ;)

Vondell

I was just looking through the downloads and I realized I had two old animal downloads under my old alias; the Nile Monitor and Perentie, both recolors of the  komodo young. haha! I had forgotten ever submitting anything that early on. I was a lot younger when I did these!

I thought you did some scenery (statues) too but they were not released here.

The Nile monitor has a minor problem *** Warning: cHabitat does not have max [cSuitableObjects] habitat value.

Not sure about the other as it seems I may not have run that through the checker.

• 4 weeks later...
Vondell

Finally got this set together and packaged up. At long last! :fall-smiley:  Have been testing and compiling it today. Working as intended.

steelbridge_demo_gif.gif.691d12ab8b4afc3cd8da2dfcdcd64bc8.gif bridge_3.gif.9d2e1257498a4a8839238cbc3f74d1a4.gif

It's five parts; two struts, one overhead element, a vertical wall element, and a version of the vertical wall element configured as a decorative fence.

The example is two tiles wide, but it works just as well one tile wide, or three tiles wide, etc.

This one doesn't come with a piece to put "under" the bridge. AR's Underground Water Passage (in pic above) is my go-to in the meantime.

Here's the pre-release file if anyone wants to try it out. Tested in CC, should be compatible with all game versions.

EDIT: this set is releasing soon, and the file in the downloads section will be a more up-to-date file than the one I posted here. stay tuned!

Oooh my gosh I just went through this entire thread and man, back when I was little, making velociraptors eat guests and making the worst zoos imaginable, I never would have thought such gorgeous things could be made for the game. I am so glad you're working on your projects, every time I see a gif or a render from you I just get all giddy inside, it's like I'm a tiny bub sat at the chunky computer playing the game for the first time all over again.

I'll download the bridge set and test it out, see if anything hiccups. For curiosities sake, did anything become of that blended tank wall you cooked up a while ago?