Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

not yet! I still haven't started setting that one up. It's on my list though. Although ... it's a big list, haha.

and, thanks so much! that's incredibly kind. cheers!

EDIT: using my concrete wall set to test tank wall capability -- was thinking tanks might look awkward with space all along the edges, but it's only a half tile. and actually, the corner piece is only a quarter tile, it just looks like a full tile.

concrete.gif.515b4f1a62c34133c5c30628ddb4b9d6.gif

I'm gonna go ahead and get this wall set configured and packaged for submission too while I'm at it.

40 minutes ago, Vondell said:

not yet! I still haven't started setting that one up. It's on my list though. Although ... it's a big list, haha.

and, thanks so much! that's incredibly kind. cheers!

I feel you. I keep getting all these ideas and then get distracted because I think of another idea, and the list piles up.

At the very least creativity is endless! e5167943.gif

ZooGrammy

I love the bridge and the pond.  Both are so realistic and practical.   Thank you so much for your time and work on this!!!:hug2::clap:

Savannahjan

Wow.  There are 30 pages of awesomeness in this topic.  I love the concrete walls, the bridge, the pond, so many wonderful projects.  Vondell, I had no clue you used to be Volksdragon. 

It is so exciting and inspiring to see all this designing going on. :worship:  :brnheartsmiley:  :flirtysmile3:

The pond is beautiful!  I can't wait to use the concrete walls.

By the way, has anything further happened with this filter?

image.png.458d2f1346abefa3a0f84745c2d085a3.png

Vondell

Thanks! That filter was one of my first projects, I never got it configured -- I still have all the associated graphics and test files though so I could pick it back up. I ended up kinda thinking it looked weird, so I haven't followed back up on it like I have with some other projects. I'd be happy to share the files with anyone who'd like to try configuring a filter.

Z.Z.

I have a LOT of filter ideas, but no clue how to configure them.

If I did the graphics and made starting ZTDs, could you configure them?

Vondell

I actually don't either. I'm still learning my way around configuring buildings/shelters and fences, and I don't think filter configuration is documented yet. I'm not sure what goes into them. May need to reach out and coordinate with Fern for that one. She has a few at ZTCDG and as far as I know there's a part of the configuration that would need to be looked over to make sure both are compatible with each other.

btw, a little preview of some things to come ... :

crossover_2.png.1d50cf8ff7dd6448155c9a74bcb8d8b3.png

I was the first to release a tank filter back in the days :)

It's actually quite easy if you start from the original's filter files (or one of the released ones).
You can change some stuff about decay or how efficient the filter is if I remember correctly, and it's obviously easier than a fence. The filter1.ai file actually lists all information on the parameters in comments.

If I'm not mistaken (not checking anything custom right now), it only needed 3 or 4 (idle, decayed (used), off = broken ) "states". Marine Mania has graphics for 3 states, the config file lists 4 states.

I'm not entirely sure if you can change cNameID and cHelpId (or whatever it is) to 19000 and add custom strings; or if you need to keep the original ID.
Oh, and there should also be a filter*.cfg -file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\zoo tycoon\XPACK2\config3.ztd has the one from the original filter).
But the last step might not be necessary if you use ID 19000.

filter01.cfg -> xpack2/config3.ztd
filter graphics -> xpack2/object05.ztd (non-icons)

filter1.ai -> xpack2/scenery6.ztd

Absolutely looking forward to more scenery!