Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

theoretically yes, but my free time for ZT projects is very sporadic, so it can take a while before I get to something. especially with animals, sometimes they take many months between stages of the projects. scenery is a little easier. but either way, i'm always open to suggestions or feedback.

9 hours ago, Vondell said:

theoretically yes, but my free time for ZT projects is very sporadic, so it can take a while before I get to something. especially with animals, sometimes they take many months between stages of the projects. scenery is a little easier. but either way, i'm always open to suggestions or feedback.

Awesome! In that case, I have one question and one request:

What are you currently working on?

Do you think you can make an emu next?

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, pukkie said:

Genkicoll made us an Emu you should be able to find it It is in a combined pack with the cassowary

What’s the pack called?

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2014 at 3:26 AM, jbl89 said:

I think for possible next animals, you might want to consider something. Do you want a truly unique animal (take my Ocean Sunfish),

JBL89 is the ocean sunfish a ZT1 item and is it available?

2 hours ago, HeatherL said:

JBL89 is the ocean sunfish a ZT1 item and is it available?

Unfortunately not. I haven't come around getting familiar with Blender, and obviously there are way more talented people to create graphics, as Vondell has shown :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Vondell

hey all, I know this isn't the most exciting object to lead this post off with, but I have been slowly getting my setup back together and have now got at least graphics ready for a low cinderblock edging fence for landscaping. thought it would be a good accent for planted areas, perhaps reminiscent of hand-laid raised garden beds.

icon.png

FLAT_1.pngSLPE1_1.pngSLPE1_3.png

(excuse the bright green BGs)

I've got the file and folder setup for compiling the ztd but I haven't gotten it working yet, fences are especially tricky to configure and I've forgotten what I've forgotten since the last time I got one working. will follow up on that once I can pin down what I might be overlooking.

as always, in the meantime or afterward, if anyone wants to use the graphics to try the configuration for themselves (or to make anything else with the graphics) feel free to upload to Tek under a dual credit/graphics credit/etc. -- the placement values will need to be tuned carefully to line up right with the tile edge and other sections, but the graphics are proportionally correct and ready to go.

also:

1_H0000.png1_H0001.png1_H0002.png1_H0003.png

testing 1H brick retaining wall graphics -- the render was too dark and edges need work but, well, the building blocks are there.

also:

SE_L.pngSE_E.pngSE_T.pngSE_T.pngSE_E.pngSE_R.png

SW_S.pngSW_I.pngSW_G.pngSW_N.pngSW_S.pngSW_Z_EXC.png

graphics for 44 of them; latin alphabet  +  digits 0-9  +  '.!?-/\

they are meant to fit on a quarter tile and are perspective-correct for all 4 angles.

if anyone wants the full set of graphics I am happy to share them -- maybe if you're testing a batch method of creating a number of related objects within one ZTD set? or again, if you want to use them in combination with other graphics to make something new.

here's some snapshots of some of the process while setting the scene up in Blender to have made these efficiently:

letters.gif

letters2.gif

thanks all and, happy belated anniversary, Tek!

• Love 2

Cricket

Vondell, these are awesome!!  I wish you luck in putting together the edging pieces!  I know how tricky fencing can be.  Maybe that's why I've only done 1 or 2 of them lol.  I look forward to seeing your edging completed :D

I have a copy of Blender but have not done anything with it yet.  Judging by what I've seen you do with it, I really need to check it out soon :D

So glad to see you pop in again!  :hug2: