ARIZNANA

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ZOOTEK PHOENIX !

I HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND AS LONG AS MANY OF YOU BUT , I AM SADDENED TO SEE THE LACK OF PARTICIPATION AT ZOOTEK OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS .

I KNOW THAT MANY MEMBERS HAVE HAD PERSONAL ISSUES AND ILLINESS TO DEAL WITH AND WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN FAMILIES TO CONSIDER TOO BUT , IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO LOG ON AND COMMENT , UPDATE AND ENJOY BEING WITH FRIENDS .

THE CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS HAS BEEN VERY SLOW AND DONATIONS FOR KEEPING US GOING HAVE BEEN DOWN TOO . THIS LEAVES THE MONETARY ISSUES FOR JUST A FEW OF US TO RESLOVE .

WE ARE THE VERY BEST ZOOTYCOON SITE ON THE WEB .

WE HAVE NEW MEMBERS JOINING DAILY AND OLD MEMBERS COMING BACK . THAT IS VERY EXCITING TO SEE .

WHERE IS THE OLD ZOOTEK !!

The site is almost 13 years old, Zoo Tycoon is even older. I fear that interest is waning, people who used to post regularly have rl issues as you say and aren't around as much. Even Pukkie never posts these days.

I cant think of any way to attract more people to post as many seem to come for the downloads and dont post.

Idea Time:
make a new rule to get people to post :
in order to access downloads you must make 20-10 posts

We may have tried that 'once upon a time'. It's a good idea, in theory. In reality, what usually happens is some folks that are only here for the downloads will post 'anything' in order to access those downloads, but the posts may not necessarily pertain to the forum. It gets messy. :gaah_: It's so great when folks come for the downloads but also stay and add to the enjoyment of the forum with their posts and 'smiling faces' :)

I am one of those who are guilty of not posting as much as before...I try when I can to post...the days of super-you have to stay - overtime at work is over...so I'm trying to visit more...I have several projects in the works...hoping to get a few done for Christmas...Haven't had anything new in maps for awhile...plus I miss seeing all of you!!!

I know I don't post as much, but I do try to keep up with the contests and such. After all day on the computer at work, my eyes need a rest in the evening, and I am just too tired to set up the computer.

I am so sorry for not being around much lately. I feel like I have let you all down and I pledge to invest more time. Hubby and I were working very hard on some home projects before the holidays, and then we had an, um, 'guest' arrive. This is the same guest, a distant relative of my husband's, who visits several times a year and stays until asked to leave, eating us out of house and home and ruining the holidays for everyone. He was here for 3 weeks this time and was finally told to go. I stayed in my bedroom (without a computer) or away from the house most of the time he was here. Thank goodness, he is gone and hubby promises to inform him not to return for Christmas.

Watching the site wane has been very difficult for me personally, it has been such an important part of my life since it began in 2003. I'm not going to give up, I promise you that. As long as I am able and have even a small piece of my mind, the doors won't close. There are only a few of us left, but if we stick together and each one commit just a little time each day, we will be just fine.

I am usually around but do not post much as since the last update I am having trouble with posting here and Jan has not been able to figure out why.

that is sad to read fern I do hope the problem can be solved for you Can it be the browser you are using