• maximilianmueller
    • MaastrichianFan
    • Truly_happy
    • Goosifer
    • kraan
    • Hawkkeye666

Size Comparision of "Bye Gone" Houses, FYI

fountain

The sizes of the developer objects are the same no matter what hack is used to make them available, including the Developer Menu Hack. But different hacks make them available in different ways. The Developer Menu Hack makes them available in the same way that the Blue Fang developers had those objects available for themselves. So I feel it is best to use the Developer Menu Hack rather than any other hack that makes the developer objects available. It is true that the ZTMM Freeform unlock is not needed if the Developer Menu Hack is used. The Developer Menu Hack has a couple advantages over the ZTMM Freeform unlock: the Developer Menu Hack allows one to decide when to unlock everything and the Developer Menu unlocks more things. I feel the ZooTek Research Hack is not needed when the Developer Menu Hack is used, but that is more subjective. Although the Developer Menu Hack allows one to unlock all research whenever one wants, the research was not actually done. So when the zoo is saved and reloaded, that research is not shown to be done. But to me that is an advantage because I can unlock the specific research that I happen to need, then save and reload the zoo to do the rest of the research normally. I always leave the Developer Menu Hack in my ZT (using the hacks folder approach mentioned in the download post). Because that is an additional button in ZT, I only have to click that button when I need something from that menu. So that button does not hurt anything by being there.

ZooGrammy

Thanks so much Fern for explaining this to me.    I will save a copy of your explanation so I remember. 

• 7 months later...
caddienoah

I agree with Fern. I followed Jay's instructions. It is so easy to use! I leave it in my dlupdate folder all the time! Works great when doing designs for workbenches and zoos. I don't leave home without it! Sorry old and male and night meds have kicked in!