Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Wolverale12

Ok, code is updated. Download and install v02.

If no animations are detected in a blend file, it is considered to be an object. [This would probably be problematic if somebody wants to create an animated object]

Objects are then rendered for different views than animals [sE, SW, NE, NW], and without shadow on the ground. The rest of the procedure is as usual.

Thanks for the update Hendrix!

• 1 month later...

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

In your very first post there are 4 animals shown. Are you planning to finish the other three?

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:28 AM (Hendrix)

Not really, as those were just tests to illustrate the capabilities of the script. I never rendered more than what you saw there.
But the models and animations for these Zoo Tycoon 2 animals are all available, so everybody can take them and easily convert them to ZT1 sprites using my addon. ;)

Is anyone out there up to the task? I especially would like to see the little one.

• 1 month later...
HENDRIX

These days I wrote a tool for Jurassic Park Operation Genesis models, so I thought I could port something to ZT1 for nostalgia's sake. The tool is still working in blender 2.79!

MLOlavN.gif

Should be done soon...

HENDRIX

Me too! RSN's edited Campto was pretty great and one of my favorite mods back in the day, but obviously had its limitations. There's only so much you can do with paint, tho...

• Like 1

Same with their Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus! I still have RSN's collection archived away in the recesses of my computer, somewhere. I still like using their Kronosaur, though!

Is the JPOG tool fundamentally the same as the ZT2 tools? I know it uses .tmd's for models but how does it process animation? Blender keeps giving up on me during my antics with the ZT2 stuff, I'm 99% sure that's me being incompetant, though.

HENDRIX

Pachy is ready! It might need some speed adjustments and other UCA fine tuning.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B442QuWePTBneE5NaHpSUzFjNE0/view?usp=sharing

The TMD tool also imports animations, and the results should be comparable to what you get from BFB + BFs. I can't tell what your problem is, so you have to be a bit more specific ;)

JPOG anims are naturally treadmilled already, so one step you have to do less. I just had to edit a bit of code in the ZT1 tool to make it work with the JPOG rigs, so I will have to update the ZT1 plugin release...

Vondell

Operation Genesis! Talk about a nostalgia trip. I haven't opened that game in probably well over a decade. Can't wait to try that Pachy out. Have you seen the work P.Rex has done toward overhauling ZT1's dinosaurs ? I know he was working in blender with some Operation Genesis models too at one point.

edit: they seem to be doing well! no issues ingame so far for me. the animations look real solid. nice!

pachy_.thumb.gif.315b721a17bf13b0fc0ae0258418851d.gif

6 hours ago, HENDRIX said:

I can't tell what your problem is, so you have to be a bit more specific ;)

Oh no, I was just be being generic, haha. I probably shouldn't be attempting to do anything when I'm running on about three hours of sleep so really it's probably me just not paying close attention to the video. Thank you for your release, though! The Pachy is so cute!