• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

`:smilies-10997:            Welcome to Zoo Tek Phoenix!           :smilies-10997:

Welcome Fall!

Sign in to follow this  
jbl89

Zoo Manager

Looks a lot like ZT2 doesn't it?

jbl89    0

Actually they've got a few updates on Twitter.
I'm wondering if they're using Blender... And if we could convert their animations to something in ZT1 (maybe ZT1) at some point.

Edited by jbl89

I'm hoping it's as good as it looks, as is often the problem with these kinds of games, where people make beautiful graphics but understand so little about crafting a game in which to use them. Still, they've mentioned things like terrain and paths, which are a lot less easy to market as scenery or animals, which gives me a little more hope.

Synchron    0
On 8/18/2017 at 8:47 AM, jbl89 said:

Actually they've got a few updates on Twitter.
I'm wondering if they're using Blender... And if we could convert their animations to something in ZT1 (maybe ZT1) at some point.

Why? Developer of ZM here... why bother to import models/animations from an updated zoo game that is planned to have, essentially, everything ZT has and more... into an more outdated zoo game that will have less basegame content than the new one?

Like... just play the new one if you want the models and animations? x'D

To answer though... yes, we're using Blender, and no, you cannot convert our animations into other games as mods. Tim, the team leader, has expressed plans to include a "no usage of content" agreement in the game's ToS- i.e. disallowing usage of our game content in mods for other games.

2 hours ago, Synchron said:

Why? Developer of ZM here... why bother to import models/animations from an updated zoo game that is planned to have, essentially, everything ZT has and more... into an more outdated zoo game that will have less basegame content than the new one?

Like... just play the new one if you want the models and animations? x'D

To answer though... yes, we're using Blender, and no, you cannot convert our animations into other games as mods. Tim, the team leader, has expressed plans to include a "no usage of content" agreement in the game's ToS- i.e. disallowing usage of our game content in mods for other games.

ZM content is off limits.  Thank you, Synchron, for making that clear.

You need to know that we would never use anything for development in ZT unless we had the proper permissions.  That's just not how we roll. 

Most of the members here happen to enjoy our outdated zoo game :D Some may be looking forward to playing your Zoo Manager.  For you and the others involved in the development, I hope it is a success.

I, however, plan to continue playing my beloved, outdated Zoo Tycoon :D

Good luck with your project Synchron. I hope you do as well as the original Zoo Tycoon has. After all, in these days when Pokemon Go has become Pokemon Who? it's not bad for an "outdated" game to still be inspiring designers to release new creations. You have a tough act to follow!

I agree; a beloved game.  I got the game when it first came out and it still is interesting because there is so much you can do with it.    Every ones building skills are unique and interesting. 

jbl89    0

Glad we got your attention here, Synchron. Point taken.

However, you can see the replies, and take into account that this game is about 15 years old. Take it as a challenge to create something which will last as long. Yes, it's gotten more quiet in here. But a lot of game communities vanish after only a few years.

Also, try to learn from the mistakes from ZT2. It should be *a lot* better rather than a clone :)