Sign in to follow this  
savannahjan

New Information regarding the site - everyone please read

I do not get any warnings on my mobile devices, but Chrome, Firefox,and my pc'S Antivirus flagged the site. Hopefully the upgrade and new security measures will clear this up.

I've been working with Invision, preparing to upgrade the site. It will only take an hour or two, so we won't experience much down ttime. I'm awaiting final word from the Invision rep as to when they will take Tek offline. You will definitely know when it has been completed, as all our custom skins, users on line and global announcement will be gone.

After the upgrade is completed, it may take some time to assess if the rewrite successfully removed the malware, and even longer to persuade Google to remove the warning.

In other words....stay in the buggy, baby. :hug2:

The new version of IPB is very different from the one we are using now, more app driven. We can no longer keep both username and disiplay names, or more practically, display names and log in names. Both have to be the same. IPB has recommended we keep our display names, which will now also become the name used to log in.

The 'Friends' format has been changed to 'Followers', who would receive notifications of any activity of a former 'Friend'. The current 'Friend' info will NOT be converted into 'Followers', as many of our members are no longer active. Once the upgrade is complete, anyone can add 'Followers' as they wish.

I also was informed today that this will be the last time that IPB will perform a software version upgrade for us; if we need to upgrade in the future, and we most certainly will, we will have to either figure it out ourselves, or pay someone to do the upgrade for us. UGH.

More back and forth, still no time designated for blastoff. :post-1-1161705435:

We are in the que for tomorrow, no time could be given. I'm taking a stroll through the skins one more time....just to say goodbye. :gaah_::Awww_Man::help:

I guess we will also loose our conversations and signatures?

I don't know - but I am making copies of all of mine that I want to keep.

Can't believe all this post-8-0-35304200-1502262116.gif

It won't be the same will it? IT will look so different...

And we will most likely loose our post numbers too

Just as I was really nearing the 50.000 Milestone post post-8-0-97032800-1502262272.gif

By the way.... Do we need to re-register?

Edited by pukkie