Age of Tycoon

Serpyderpy

1 hour ago, Fern said:

For editing try reading this: Uca Editing Guide

That guide includes sound info in two areas. I think you want to read the second section. For more information you can post questions for Jay over at the Download Directory

If you are getting Undefined then you are using the wrong version of Ape.

There will still be some editing needed but this version gets rid of a number of issues. Make sure you read the info that comes with it.

Thank you very much! APExp seems a little unstable on my computer, not exactly sure why, which is why I didn't use it for either the sheep or macaw, but if it works better for the Undefined errors and what not then I'll make the switch and just save like a mad woman and hope it doesn't crash so much.

1 hour ago, Professor Paul said:

It looks a bit like a cheviot sheep.

Again, just generic 'sheep' in the game files, so thank you for an actual name! I wish I could recolour well enough to make more species of sheep but, I guess this one will do for now.

• Like 1

Professor Paul

That cow looks like a Holstein (or a Friesian, they are very similar). What other animals do they have?

51 minutes ago, Professor Paul said:

That cow looks like a Holstein (or a Friesian, they are very similar). What other animals do they have?

Oh boy, it's a long list!

s0efdiE.gif

The sheep, as you mentioned.

W81qywy.gif

And the cow, too.

emZGu0I.gif

A brown coloured goat.

81xjP2R.gif

A piebald goat.

(Animals with more jaunty animations are from the first Age of Empires, seems they got the hang of animating by the second game.)

YttQYfa.gif

A grey coloured turkey.

712ObwF.gif

A white chicken with a red comb.

(This isn't from the base game, this is actually from a mod pack!)

l9xkS81.gif

A blue roan horse.

bjvN820.gif

A dun horse.

XTMp32U.gif

A deer. I was tempted to make this into a Chital.

MplfhVG.gif

A large boar.

oO5s63u.gif

A wolf. Comes in grey and white, too.

tGB3Pvf.gif

A bear who seems to be skating along the floor.

mSyYCd8.gif

A gazelle.

0aAm5Nb.gif

An ostrich. Only males.

Vx2tv7J.gif

A janky looking zebra.

qieZcr2.gif

A jaguar.

4xDrf0m.gif

A lion. Again, only male, which sucks because it's a a beautiful asset.

es7a3mw.gif

A crocodile.

oHE4PIt.gif

An eagle.

qagMA6r.gif

A hawk.

jyyzsud.gif

A black version of the hawk.

MFIwBhE.gif

A little white bird.

I do not have the Rise of the Rajas expansion that adds in more animals, like rhinos and water buffalos, nor have I compiled some of the elephant graphics, either.There's a falcon and a stork I can't extract properly without the graphics corrupting. There are static fish, too, but they're more suited to scenery and, amazingly, they're the ones that have specific names. AOE logic is unparalleled.

• Like 1

Savannahjan

The sheep are beautiful in game.  I love the turkey, chicken and goat; looks like old McDonald will be fully stocked!  Those hawks look very good too.  This is so exciting!

I've also had that pop sound when I have added a wav to something; I need to do some homework about that as well.

• Like 1

That ape is not APExp which could be unstable it is an updated version. If you have problems Jay would like to know as he is the one who updated it.

Have fun.

These are awesome.  The blue roan horse is an Appaloosa!  One of my favorite breeds.

The deer would make a great Blacktailed deer, which are native to my area of Northern California (actually the whole west coast).

I really like the boar, and we definitely can use some farm animals and horses that are not recolors.

I like the jaunty animations of the little goat because the pygmy goats seem to be that way in real life - very animated little guys!

• Like 1

Professor Paul

It looks more like a Golden Guernsey. The male ostrich would be handy as the in game ostriches all look female (I know Ghirin did a dimorphic ostrich ). The gazelle makes me think of the tibetan gazelle.The deer is perfect for the chital.