• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ivanna
    Newest Member
    ivanna

• (Designer)Z.Z.
    • azghablues

How to determine % of terrains actually used (& more)?

handvprice

1) When making an exhibit, is there a way to show what % of an exhibit is of (not the animal's desire, but actually used) various terrain types, like "55% sand, 10% dirt, 35% grass"?

2) Is there a way to show the size in squares of an exhibit, either in area or perimeter?

3) Is there a definitive guide to all the entries in an .ai or .uca file?

TY

On 1/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, handvprice said:

1) When making an exhibit, is there a way to show what % of an exhibit is of (not the animal's desire, but actually used) various terrain types, like "55% sand, 10% dirt, 35% grass"?

Not that I know of. I'm the structured/boring kind of builder, I usually go for exhibits which are 10 by 10. Or I make up for it so I get to 100 squares, which can get you to maximum suitability for any animal. Do note that in a non-modified game, some animals can't get to 100% (this is actually one of the things I started working on when creating a personal expansion pack. Fixed it for some animals, but not all of them). I think some have a maximum suitability of 94%, maybe even lower. I wonder if this is intentional or if they just never fixed it for some reason.

2) Is there a way to show the size in squares of an exhibit, either in area or perimeter?
Also not that I know of.

• Like 1

I really appreciate all the replies!

1) I was aware of all the guides that indicate what terrain composition an animal *desires* (and in fact can also look inside the .ai or .uca files to see it), but didn't know if there was a way to see what one *has constructed*. Would be helpful to know if there's a square of grass left unchanged, etc., especially when bulldozing a pre-made area. Guess there isn't such an indicator, just have to rely on the zookeeper's comments.

2) I wanted to see if I could create a max # of animals in a herd animal exhibit, which would require > 100 squares, and it became difficult to tell what area I'd enclosed. Guess there's no easy way to know, but indeed in the future I'll usually make 10x10.

3) I found the ztp copy of sundance300's guide, and Jordan's similar guide, but there are a number of .ai entries not explained in either. Mostly motivated by curiosity and programming interest.

TY again.

• 4 weeks later...

If you turn the "blending" off you can see what tiles contain what.

The guides at DD tell you how many adult animals an animal tolerates and also how many tiles required per animal.