:welcometrainf: Welcome to Zoo Tek Phoenix !:welcome:

WinterCamp-Banner.jpg.f76b21353159dd9b1c51175c813d73dc.jpg

savannahjan

Reputation and Reaction

Our new board software comes with some features common to social media sites, like Facebook.  When you are reading a post, you will see more information in the poster's profile on the left.  Under their pic and self-title, you will see a plus sign and a number.  This number represents 'Reputation Points'.  That's a silly name for it, but members gain reputation points when someone reading their post 'Reacts' gaining points for a positive 'Reaction', and losing points for a negative 'Reaction'.  (By 'Reacts', I don't mean responds to the post with a reply post, it is another new feature.)  So far, I have only set up positive and neutral points reactions.  Under the Reputation Points, you will see the poster's total post count, and under that is an icon related to Reputation Points.  As your reputation points grow, the icons will change.  So far, I have only added a few, and they seem quite large to me.  

The other new feature has already been used by several of our members; Reactions.  When you are reading a post, down at the bottom of the post on the right hand side, you will see a blue star.  When you move your cursor over the star, a line of various reaction icons will open up.  You can choose one of these reactions to the post:

Blue Star - Like

Red Heart - Love

Panda w/Balloon - Thank You

Laughing Face - Funny

Crying Face - Sad

I encourage you to use these new features; they are simplistic and silly, but hopefully additional ways to add enjoyment to the forum.

I would appreciate you feedback to these new features.  Are the Reputation icons too large?  (I'm still working on them)

Are there other Reactions you might like to add?  I started to make an 'Angry' one, but thought that one might not be necessary.  Any other thoughts about these features you would like to share?

Thanks!

I was wondering about this. Thank you for explaining. Good that you omly allow neutral and positive responses!

I agree, the negative ones dont need to be added.

If the big WOW I see under your name is one of the icons your talking about then I agree with that too, they are too large, maybe about a quarter or 25% of that size would be better?

Edit:

I dont see any blue star down at the bottom of the posts.

I tried all 3 themes, still no blue star.

Only other reason I can think of is that I use Firefox.

Is there a way to turn it on in preferences or something?

Nope, just edited my profile, no mention of it there....

Edited by Z.Z.

Im still unclear how this 'reacting' with points works. And I do not see any blue stars. (ipad)

Edited by Kreek

Please try again, everyone; let me know if you still cannot 'React' or see the Reputation Points in the profile.

I am seeing the star in the lower right corner in Chrome, but it is not blue until the cursor reaches it.  I can see the blue star in Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  I will check privileges.

• Love 1

Interesting. I can seem them now but I have been rejected and will go away and sulk since I can see them in everyones posts but mine. Nobody loves me so i will go down the garden and eat worms.

• Haha 4