savannahjan

Problem Reports

Thanks girl :hug2: Thanks for all you do. You are simply wonderful :254:

Edited by pukkie

Hey everyone. No I didn't find any problemns although I do have a problem where this is the best place to ask a question like this

It is related to this download :

Shamrock Karaoke Bar Family Bathroom

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3108

I downloaded this building ages ago and now with the alphabet contest the upmost opportunity to get playing with it.

Especially as I expected to be an attraction related to Karaoke which was mot around yet for the game.

I am a bit disappointed however when I placed it it didn't even read Karaoke Bar as building name in the menu

It is in the menu as family restroom only.

By itself nothing wrong with a family restroom but yeah no guest thougst (other then I am hungry lol) what so ever even remotely indicating someone had fun singing kiss me I'm Irish or anything.

So the question is this without changing what the building was made for the bathroom needs to be exact is it possible if anyone comes up with some fun thoughts related to the Karaoke part

of the name as set in the downloads menu list could these still be added?

Quite possibly. However, that's a good question for Fern. Hopefully she'll see this the next time she pops in :)

When you have a new building that becomes a common type, it is a much easier process to program it using the in-game building code, making a restroom, restaurant, gift shop, etc. It is considerably more work for the programmer (usually Cricket ) to create thoughts and new items sold. It also uses ID strings that are available in a limited number, or at least they used to be. Jay and Fern may have discovered a route around that now. When Cricket and I make new items, we usually opt to give them generic programming from an existing item. Sometimes, the new item is so unique, we will decide to add all the 'bells & whistles'. For my part, I'm just trying to save lil' Cricket more work, but she does love to make new things when she has time and inspiration. Which reminds me I need to get to work on some new creations.

No Jan we have not found a way round the limited number of ids.

Cricket you could look through the guest thought list and see if anything suits. Not sure we having anything that would suit singing while you pee. rolf I have heard of singing in the bath not the toilet.

Nothing to stop cricket making a karaoke or sing-a-long building maybe where all the songs contain an animal and the fee goes to conservation. If we worded the ids generically enough several could be made.

Fern, I like that idea of a new karaoke building using proceeds for conservation. I will start working on that :)

f I have heard of singing in the bath not the toilet.

Sometimes you have to when the lock is broken. My Great Auntie Gladys used to sing hymns; "Lead Kindly Light" , while we all queued, cross legged, on the landing. :laugh:

post-8-0-08755200-1458136691.gif goodness me Professor Paul You just made my day roflol post-8-0-08755200-1458136691.gif

Just the image you put in my mind Brilliant!

Edited by pukkie

Our bathroom door wouldn't lock for a while until I got a new doorknob. Daniel used to take some form of media in there that played music and had it blasting while he was in there. You do what you gotta do. Paul, I think that is a lovely and precious memory.