• LapisLazuli77
    • bxdczoo
    • Goosifer
    • Truly_happy

ZT1 Guest Happiness Guide

genkicoll

genkicoll

Tips to keep your guests happy:

#1 - Animals, animals, animals. Make sure there are animals visible from every which way the guests may happen to turn. This isn't going to help at all, and may even have the opposite effect, if your animals aren't happy. Therefore:

- Reach for that 100% suitibility rating on your exhibits! A high suitability will make for happy animals.

- Make sure your animals are not feeling crowded by too many guests. If you see that your animals are feeling crowded, use a fence that your guests can't see through on much of your exhibit, leaving only a few viewing areas where they can see in. This is especially important on your shy animals such as pandas, many of the leopard species, etc. Also, NEVER put your pathway directly touching the fence of the exhibit on your shy animals. I recommend always keeping a tile between your pathway and your exhibit, since even the most social of animals will feel crowded by 1000 guests meandering past their exhibits

- Be sure that you don't have too many animals in your exhibits. Nothing will anger an animal more quickly than being crowded by their own species. If they get crowded, find the newest animals in the exhibit, make sure to leave at least one male and one female, and sell off the older animals - this will prevent losing animals to old age, thus giving you a nice financial boost

- Keep a zookeeper assigned to the exhibit. This will prevent the exhibits from getting filled with too much poo (which the animals really hate), and the presence of the zookeeper gives the animals a happiness boost. I recommend putting the gates to exhibits close together (if not touching), so that the zookeeper can easily go from one exhibit to the next.

#2 - FOOD!

Guests have needs - hunger, thirst, bathroom and energy. While they have these needs, they don't necessarily want them filled My biggest problem when I first started playing Zoo Tycoon is that I could never make my guests happy no matter HOW many restaurants and rest areas I put in! Truth be told, your guests would rather have all their needs at ZERO than to have too many places to fill their needs! Therefore:

- DON'T put in too many restaurants/rest areas. When you DO put in these things, be sure to make them easily accessible to the guests.

#3 - Attractions

We all know that the guests enjoy the attractions - Aviaries, reptile or insect houses etc, but how much do they really like them? This one I'm unsure of. In my experience, the guests would much rather see an exhibit filled with happy animals than to go to an attraction. In my current zoo, my zoo rating is at 98 and guest happiness also at 98...and the only attraction in my zoo is an animal theatre.

#4 - Marine Shows

If you have the Complete Collection and/or Marine Mania, you've probably tried having shows in your zoo. For happy guests, turn off your shows because they'd rather sit at a show than take care of themselves. Turn the shows on only for short periods of time, then turn them off again so guests will take care of their needs.

• 2 weeks later...

MM Shows

Guests don't like to see unhappy animals. When an animal is performing it's happiness drops as the show tank suitability is zero. It may also get very hungry if performing too often. Keeping the shows at around 20-25 points worth should be OK. If possible, have 2 different types of animals for each show tank. They will alternate shows, giving each animal time to recuperate. I also use the Frequent Show Hack which increases the time between shows.

I have heard that when 2 different animals share a Show Tank they can enter the wrong exhibit tank if one is more suitable than the other. I have never had this problem, but then I always have the exhibit tanks at 100% suitability.

Make sure you have a filter on the show tank, or it will get dirty. Even when it looks clean, animals can get sick quickly.

• 1 year later...

Hi Genkicoll,

I apologise in advance for my bad english..

I always have only 75/80% guest happiness and I can't understand where I am wrong. I have followed all your instruction but still the rate is vary low.

I have the Compleet Collection, all zoo, marine and dinosaur exhibits have more than 96/97% suitibility rating, some of them have 100%.

As soon as guests enter in my zoo the rating go down at 72%, even if I put an exhibit on the right side and a fountain on the left.

I have just a couple of restaurant and few stands, but a lot of rest areas and attraction (aviary, cinema..). Maybe this is the problem, I should have only exhibits. Please, can you help me?

Thanks! :254:

Raf

genkicoll

I will be happy to help you, and your English is very good! If you'll start a topic in the screenshots area and show me some pictures of your zoo, that will help.