• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fern,

Apologies for my late response-

So, right before I was about to send you a screen of my dlupdates folder, I decided to try out my game one last time to try and solve the cause of my demise. After much trial and error, I discovered that the file that was causing my zoo to crash was the Map Editor. After it was removed, thankfully no crashing occured!

Thanks again for all your help!

Always remember once you have finished editing a map and have replaced the gate and saved for the final time. Remove the map editor from the dlupdates folder before building on the map as it can as you discovered cause some peoples game to crash.

Mithril Maid

Okay this is driving me crazy!! My game has started crashing and it's driving me nuts.

I've read this topic over and over... the first few crashes I have found were because I was using the Medium Jungle River map.. GRRR. I really liked that map!! So I quit that and erased the game.

Now I'm using a map that I have used several times with no issues... I've spent quite some time working on scenery and buildings in the entrance area and about a 1/4 way in. As soon as I start adding animals the game crashes. And I'm using the in game animals at the moment.

Coincidently my friend's game is doing the exact same thing! The only thing we have in common right now is the Super Hack and Canadian Horse. Those are the only downloads she has.

I took out the Canadian Horse and a few items that I had recently added and am still having issues..... Sigh.. short of taking out everything and re-installing... any ideas?

Savannahjan

Have either of you added items through the main game menu "get items locally"? I think that can cause some issues. If you have CC, there are supposed to be set items placed in your updates folder by disc 2, the complete collection additions. I'll post a pic of my updates folder so you can see what is supposed to be in there. Everything else you add can go into the dlupdates. Before re-installing, you could make sure you have only the CC contest in updates, and remove everything from dlupdates and see what happens. If you still have problems, I would start over.

If you do decide to install fresh, be sure to uninstall the game, not just delete the ZT folder. After you uninstall, there is a registry cleaner over at ZA that you run after uninstalling. It removes all traces of ZT, all those little files and bits and pieces that might have strayed. Before you uninstall, if you want to keep any saved games or screens, just take your saved games folder and screenshot folder out of the Zt directory and place it somewhere else on the computer. Then you can do a fresh install.

Here's the link to the cleaner: http://www.zooadmin.net/ZT1/index.php?topic=62.0

OK, here is the updates folder:

updates.jpg

Mithril Maid

Thanks SavJan, nope, we both installed directly into the dlupdate folder as I learned somewhere on this forum.lol I talked to her earlier and she played for an hour or so with no crashes.

I'm still having issues... I took out a few more items that I had added recently and still no good. I guess it's Re-install for me... :(

edited: what does this mean? and where do I find it? >>

Description: This tool will remove any registry entries from ZT. This is very useful if you experience game play problems and need to do a reinstall. Uninstall the game, run the tool and reinstall.

If your OS is NOT XP you'll also need the MSVBVM60.DLL

ZooGrammy

Do you have all user- made hacks and ztds out of the game? Try it with only what came with it and on an in-game map. I don't know about the last question on the dll.

Mithril Maid

thanks ZooGrammy, that is my next step! lol I should have put that up there as the next option before the Re-install. Actually taking all the UCIs out now. *crosses fingers*