ZT1 Cheats and Easter Eggs

genkicoll

Following on from all the previous posts, here are the final additions for the zoo.ini file to complete all scenarios in the zoo tycoon complete collection.

ae=1 ...MM:Tutorial 1 - Building Exhibits

af=1 ...MM:Tutorial 2 - Creating animal shows

ag=1 ...MM:Tutorial 3 - Combined animal exhibits

ce=1 ...Arctic zoo (intermediate)

cm=1 ...Dino digs: Carnivore zoo (intermediate)

cn=1 ...South east asian zoo (intermediate)

dh=1 ...Consevation zoo (Advanced)

• 2 months later...
Tasmanian_tiger

I'm being a bit tired, so apologies on beforehand if I missed this: your edit to let more guests enter the zoo (more then 1000), mentions one for scenarios, however, how do you get it to work for freeform.

I'm playing a big (self-made) map and right now, they are all circling the same parcours (allthough I have others), plus, I would like to see how far I can go with this computer. ;)

genkicoll

Editing the zoo.ini will allow more than 1000 guests, regardless of what map you're using (at least that's my understanding).

In order to have more then 1000 Guests in your zoo at any time, you need to add these lines before the [scenarios]section::

[ai]

maxGuests=XXXX

Where XXXX is the guest limit you want to have, (i.e. 5000)

I think it's just saying that the line you're looking for is located above the [scenarios] section :wink:

• 9 months later...
genkicoll

Oh my gosh. I've known forever about the Easter Egg where all of your guests and buildings will be wearing black and orange on Halloween, but this is my first time experiencing it! Today is October 30th, but I opened my zoo, and sure enough, everyone's wearing black and orange! :laugh:

Are the building suppose to change color too? Mine did - but game calendar is June & a witch was flying over!

genkicoll

A witch will always fly over on the IN-GAME October 31st, but on the real-life Halloween calender date is when you'll get the witch flying over, the guests wearing black and orange, and the buildings all with orange roofs :D

Guest mch2aug506

Yeah, I did a Halloween based zoo last year (on my old computer, have no more pics) and it was cool to see everyone in the orange and black, matching the theme.

• 5 years later...

There's some stuff in zoo.exe which caught my attention.

In one section, we see a lot of familiar staff names and other names of which we know they are cheats.
Among them are also the less common, but known "rpro", "Dinoman" (no capital!), "Eggman".

rpro is, according to some sources: Make female guests upset

"Marwan Jubran" is also amongst them - but I haven't found what this cheat might be?

A bit further, we have "Dr. Dolittle" , "Chuck Frizelle", "Susan Kittleson", "The Rock", "Bob V", "George W". Also known cheats.

"Escaped The Grim Reaper (for now)". This is probably an in game comment, some sort of joke, when going over animals which have a chance to die.

There's also "Rosalie", "Comet" ( = All dinosaurs will disappear from your zoo. (Any eggs will remain in your zoo)), "Deer" .

"Dr. Frankenstein", "Dr. Scholl".

There's Super Croc, Copralite Corner, Kathmandu, Xanadu, Cretaceous Corral, Blue Fang, Microsoft, wonderland (no capital!)

The Kathmandu cheat seems to be related to the Yeti, but there is a lot of fake information around too. Maybe the Yeti simply wasn't ready, but the cheat might have been planned. It's between cheats for which you have to rename the exhibit, so who knows, maybe someone spots something?

Cricket

According to the following link, Marwan Jubran was a test engineer for Zoo Tycoon and a software development engineer for Zoo Tycoon 2 (and several other popular games):

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,141043/

I don't know what type of cheat that relates to. Could be interesting to use it and find out :)