ZooKeeper's Lounge

ageise02

THANKS FERN .

I ALREADY HAVE ALL THEIR FILES . I JUST WONDERED IF THERE WAS NO WARNING GIVEN BY THE SERVER .

The server did warn them of the upgrade but unfortunately you can never be sure how the software you use for the forums will hold up to it so there is nothing you can do until after the event. They remind me a bit of Microsoft that releases programs that it is forever having to send out fixes for. Look how many games no longer work with the various upgrades of Windows. As Jay said to me: "It is terrible that so many programmers do not make things that are backward compatible."

Look what happened here in 2010 when Tek had to re-upload every single download file thanks to an upgrade. That was a real chore.

Truly_happy

Reload every download? GULP!

YEP , THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN .

COMPATIBILITY CAN BE A REAL ISSUE .

I AM VERY FORTUNATE HOWEVER , TO HAVE 5

COMPUTERS .

TWO ARE DESKTOPS THAT I REBUILT MYSELF . ONE WITH REGULAR WIN XP AND ONE WITH A SOUPED UP WIN XP I ALSO HAVE 3 LAPTOPS . TWO WITH WIN 7 AND ONE WITH WIN 10 .

THE BEST PART IS THEY WERE ALL GIVEN TO ME .

THE DESKTOPS WERE FOUND IN A STORAGE UNIT THAT MY FRIEND BOUGHT AND THE OTHERS WERE CHRISTMAS AND BIRTHDAY GIFTS .

SO , I AM LUCKY THAT IF A GAME DONT WORK ON ONE , IT WILL WORK ON THE OTHER .

I ALSO MADE IT A POINT TO DOWNLOAD EVERY THING ON ALL THE WEBSITES THAT HAVE NOW CLOSED DOWN . . WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW ANIMALS .

NOW AND THEN SOMETHING NEW OR AN OLDER ONE I DONT HAVE WILL COME ALONG AND THEY ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED . ( THANKS FERN )

THREE CHEERS FOR ZTP AND ITS MEMBERS . WE WILL SURVIVE !!!

Truly_happy

Yeah, I wish I had explored ZA more before it died. I'm always seeing great downloads in screenshots that people say came from there. I remember that they even had archived downloads from other dead websites. Has any effort been made to preserve ZA's files?

Tek has some of those websites and more are coming. I also have some at DD.

As for ZA just ask for the file and someone will be able to get it to you.

However if someone adds it as an attachment in the forum area make sure you post when you download it so admin can remove it.

Truly_happy

Exellent. :)

• 1 month later...

ZOOKEEPERS LOUNGE IS BACK ONLINE .?

NO ONE TOLD US !

I WAS JUST THERE .

He is still testing it so was not ready to announce it. So have a good look around and let me know if you find any glitches please.

OK , THANKS FERN .