• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

`:smilies-10997:            Welcome to Zoo Tek Phoenix!           :smilies-10997:

Welcome Fall!

genkicoll

Want to Keep Tek Up and Running?

Well now that you're here, please take time to read this post!

As you may or may not know, our forum has plenty of space, but a limited number of uploads available to it. Every single upload counts, whether it's 5kb or 20MB. Every single thing we add to our posts and download database counts towards this limit. You can help to keep Tek up and running smoothly a few ways:

1. Remove any extra goodies from old posts that you might have. Old welcome .gifs, cute (non-board) smilies and other pictures can all be removed since members are unlikely to see them once they're buried in an old thread. For your convenience, here is the easiest way to manage your attachments:

- Go to your control panel by clicking on the My Controls tab (towards the top of the page)

- On the left-hand side under Options, click on Manage Your Attachments

- To the right of each attachment you have added is a small box. Click each box (or the box at the top to mark them all on that page) for the items you wish to remove.

- At the bottom of the list, click on the Delete Selected button

We want to keep Tek the special, amazing site that it is, and we absolutely don't want to change that. Therefore,

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

- Screenshots from your zoos

- Your artwork (especially you, Norn!! :wife:...Except if the said Norni really wants to remove it - it's his intellectual property after all - ask any court!)

- Tutorial pictures and other such attachments

- Member or pet photos

- Anything else that might be needed by any member.

Next,

2. Club leaders, please clean up your club rooms.

- Remove any old screenshots and zoo attachments that are no longer needed.

- Keep your club signatures pared down. Only load the sigs that are being used, and post new ones as you need them.

3. If you have the means, please consider donating to Zoo Tek Phoenix. If we can raise enough money, we can expand the number of uploads that we're allowed to give us some more "breathing room". All donations go towards the costs of running the site. This is a non-profit website.

Many thanks to everyone for helping to keep Tek the wonderful, friendly site that it is. We couldn't do it without you :vishenka_34:

*BUMP*

Members, please go through your attachments again, and remove anything that's buried in old posts.

- Your artwork (especially you, Norn!! wife.gif...Except if the said Norni really wants to remove it - it's his intellectual property after all - ask any court!)

- Member or pet photos

I totally missed this post, I'll go and check it out. I never realized there was such an option. >< Plus, I'll try to post from screens and such from my own webspace from now on. (I think I mostly did, but I'll see.)

I would like to know too if Tek is far off from the goal like exoticcats said. I have no clue how much it costs to maintain a site like this. (I have a web space for art, but it has a tiny traffic + uploads compared to tek, I'm guessing. ;))

It's about time for a BUMP to this topic. I went into my attachments today and removed 5 pages worth (that's 75+ items) and still have some cleaning to do ^_^ Remember that anything you attach to PM's will STAY there indefinitely unless you manually remove it, even once it's been downloaded.

Here are some reminders from post #1:

Here is the easiest way to manage your attachments:

- Go to your control panel by clicking on the My Controls tab (towards the top of the page)

- On the left-hand side under Options, click on Manage Your Attachments

- To the right of each attachment you have added is a small box. Click each box (or the box at the top to mark them all on that page) for the items you wish to remove.

- At the bottom of the list, click on the Delete Selected button

We want to keep Tek the special, amazing site that it is, and we absolutely don't want to change that. Therefore,

- Your artwork

- Member or pet photos

pukkie    0

I will take the time again to do this as I know I must have many Will start this evening with the proces

twigabor    0

Yep

I know it's scary IT'S ME

I'm back

Lots of changes here. For one I understand that I have to remove all my files but I just dicovered I have none left. All my uploads are gone so I'm afraid I don't have anything to remove. If I insert pics through e.g. Photobucket.com do I also need to remove those?

Oh and scince I'm a vet these days I have a good income and gladly willing to support the cause so please let me know how much is needed and how I can donate

The problem is individual uploads, whether they be 2kb smilies or 1MB zips. Items that are hosted on other sites do not count towards our limit.

Also, please note the PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING section in post #1!! There are some things integral to the site that we do not want to lose!

If you want to donate to the site, please PM SavannahJan or Brandi for PayPal details. ^__^

It's great to see you Twigabor and we really appreciate your support.

I'm working on getting the donation link back up. It is almost time to talk about funding again. It's hard to believe we are coming up on our 7th anniversary.